Best Binoculars for the money

I didn't read through all 8 pages of this, so it may have been mentioned before, but the real question is what do you want them for? Are they simply for observation or do you want them to enhance your capability? I.e. Do you want an integrated laser range finder? Do you want integrated ballistics software?

Personally, to me it's unequivocally worth the extra $ to get something that has all 3. That said, regardless of which route you go I would be willing to spend the amount necessary to get something that won't leave you wanting later (the oft repeated buy once cry once). Right now, I use the Leica HD-B 3000. At the time, they were the best on the market. Image and range finding are excellent, onboard ballistics software work fine but are distance limited and dated (SD card). Now they are surpassed by a few including the Leica Geovid Pro 10x42 AB+ and the Vectronix Vector X. Revic BLR10b and Swaro EL Range are also worth considering. The Sig Kilo 10k Gen 1/2 doesn't have the same image fidelity but it's not a hindrance and certainly has some cool tech integration. Leica has the best warranty of the high end stuff. The only reason I am considering upgrading to any of the above is to get better on board ballistics.

The fact remains though that the image fidelity and range finding of the HDB-3000 are still fantastic, onboard ballistics are accurate and reliable out to 800, and I have a Kestrel 5700 for shots beyond 800…so still extremely convenient, useful, capability enhancing, and a relevant.

W
I didn't read through all 8 pages of this, so it may have been mentioned before, but the real question is what do you want them for? Are they simply for observation or do you want them to enhance your capability? I.e. Do you want an integrated laser range finder? Do you want integrated ballistics software?

Personally, to me it's unequivocally worth the extra $ to get something that has all 3. That said, regardless of which route you go I would be willing to spend the amount necessary to get something that won't leave you wanting later (the oft repeated buy once cry once). Right now, I use the Leica HD-B 3000. At the time, they were the best on the market. Image and range finding are excellent, onboard ballistics software work fine but are distance limited and dated (SD card). Now they are surpassed by a few including the Leica Geovid Pro 10x42 AB+ and the Vectronix Vector X. Revic BLR10b and Swaro EL Range are also worth considering. The Sig Kilo 10k Gen 1/2 doesn't have the same image fidelity but it's not a hindrance and certainly has some cool tech integration. Leica has the best warranty of the high end stuff. The only reason I am considering upgrading to any of the above is to get better on board ballistics.

The fact remains though that the image fidelity and range finding of the HDB-3000 are still fantastic, onboard ballistics are accurate and reliable out to 800, and I have a Kestrel 5700 for shots beyond 800…so still extremely convenient, useful, capability enhancing, and a relevant.
Do we live in a perfect world?
Or do we live (at least part of the time) in a dream world ?
Ive been long range hunting (exclusively) for more than 50 years.
Over that period of time ive had numerous optics for glassing at the longer distances.
The old cliche that says. that on a good day all optics are good, but on a bad day the better ones will be a bit better, is no doubt a very true statement.
Another true statement is that all (optics users) arent created equal either.
Put five people together on a hillside looking across a wide valley at a different hillside, and one or two of those people will find the most game.
Regardless as to what quality glasses they are using.
The others might have trouble finding them even when told exactly where they are, and thats a fact.
As for having the rangefinder or other features built into the optic, no doubt that can be a handy thing.
At least untill the time comes for the shooting part.
But you have to ask yourself if those features are worth the price difference over those without it.
Best to have what you can afford to have, then let your success tell you wether its good enough.

For western hunting, I like my 12x Swaros. I also have a 10x pair of GPO that are VERY good.

I have not used Leica or Zeiss, but I am sure they are great