Berger Hybrid Target Bullets

Gunna be using them on elk here shortly. I've used them on a few mule deer. They're a pretty decent bullet. Hitting a bit of bone on the way in is never a bad idea just to insure bullet upset especially as velocity degrades.

Concerning the hybrid 215, wasn't there discussion on them not opening up and the tips were having to be drilled? That would be a concern with any target bullet compared to a hunting bullet? I have been using the 205 Berger and they have worked well for me. I check each with a very small drill bit by hand and the 205 have been consistent in depth at the tip.

I aim directly for the shoulders and usually get a full pass through. Dozens of elk, deer, bears and caribou have proven the bulletproof shoulder theory false.
Yup,.. AGREE !
I only had, a High shoulder shot available, as I had to Shoot OVER, some Sage brush ( kneeling, w/ Stix ).
The 140 grain Classic Hunter, .270 WSM Bullet @ 3,175 FPS,.. PASSED Completely through, BOTH Upper shoulder Blades and, a LOT of Meat on an Idaho Bull at, 115 yards ( insides Jello ) found the Jacket Base with, a small amount of Lead in it, Balled up in the Off-side Hair,..
Looking EXACTLY , Like, the Post 19 Bullet ! Yup,. DRT !
Boiler Room or, Shoulders, makes,. NO,. Difference !
Just AVOID, squarely hitting,. the Tasty,. Back Straps on upper shoulder, shots !

Last edited: