Barbour Creek student take antelope @ 1507 yards

The OP of the thread never discusses anything about Coyotes. Stay on the tracks and not off the rails.
9:58 today read his post, did he mention killing a coyote in it?And i'm on track ,read his post.This is a coyote, the black thing at 12 o'clock is a snout, where did he hit it below the snout that killed it.Not a hard question unless it's BS! With a 22 subsonic at 105 yards.

Attachments

• sn.jpg
    sn.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 8
9:58 today read his post, did he mention killing a coyote in it?And i'm on track ,read his post.This is a coyote, the black thing at 12 o'clock is a snout, where did he hit it below the snout that killed it.Not a hard question unless it's BS!
That's not the OP of the thread. You and whoever your referring to should start a different thread about shooting Coyotes with subsonic loads. There's only 1 OP of a thread!

Last edited:
Where was he hit under the snout and was drt?a very valid question that needs answering,something smells here,BS maybe I surely hope noto_O.
Just under the muzzle high throat patch just under the totality of the muzzle. Looking right at me. Didn't have a range finder or anything so I just aimed 6 inches above his forehead and let her rip. It was early September squirrel season so his coat was really thin. I was very surprised myself. At 78 ft-pounds it shouldn't work.

Mathematically, it was low probability, he took a chance and was successful.
On that shot he's 100%, no doubt pushing it but who cares, at those ranges your dead nuts or complete miss.
Mathematically we shouldn't be able to shoot 5 shot groups sub inch at 1000 yards but it happens when it's right.

I can't speak for others, but for me it's just the fact that it's simply not believable when people start spouting that someone with training can do this every time. It is a low percentage shot that this guy would miss a lot of the time for all the mathematical reasons articulated a couple posts above.

But, he made it!

This thread is exactly why LR Hunting needs to be policed better. I know Len and Chris have lives other than the forum but I implore them to close this thread and discipline the people who are violating our basic pricipals.

We now have some butt hurt people saying that this shot wasn't ethical by their standards. This is not the foundation of LR Hunting.

They need to either be banned or at least put on temporary hold for posting for a month or so until they can quit poo pooing other people's success with long range hunting shots.

We will soon degrade into a hateful useless place unless this is stopped by our wonderful moderators. It's already becoming a peeing contest and I am sick of it as I'm sure a lot of other people here are.

To let a few nay sayers destroy everyone else's enjoyment of this LONG RANGE HUNTING forum is destructive and there will be absolutely no end to the arguing and developing hatred and negativity.

That's not why we're here. The majority of us want to have a place we can share our love of long range hunting free of the people who would say it's bad and unethical and cast negative light on it.

Nuff said.... LDH out.... :(

This thread is exactly why LR Hunting needs to be policed better. I know Len and Chris have lives other than the forum but I implore them to close this thread and discipline the people who are violating our basic pricipals.

We now have some butt hurt people saying that this shot wasn't ethical by their standards. This is not the foundation of LR Hunting.

They need to either be banned or at least put on temporary hold for posting for a month or so until they can quit poo pooing other people's success with long range hunting shots.

We will soon degrade into a hateful useless place unless this is stopped by our wonderful moderators. It's already becoming a peeing contest and I am sick of it as I'm sure a lot of other people here are.

To let a few nay sayers destroy everyone else's enjoyment of this LONG RANGE HUNTING forum is destructive and there will be absolutely no end to the arguing and developing hatred and negativity.

That's not why we're here. The majority of us want to have a place we can share our love of long range hunting free of the people who would say it's bad and unethical and cast negative light on it.

Nuff said.... LDH out.... :(
So let's censor people who agree to disagree, let's keep it one sided and all drink the Kool aid. A few with common sense voiced their opinions and , now we're hateful? Give me a break I stand by what I've said,besides I figured it was a typo ,instead of 1507 yards it was 507 yards all is well great shot nevertheless. 🤣 👍

Just under the muzzle high throat patch just under the totality of the muzzle. Looking right at me. Didn't have a range finder or anything so I just aimed 6 inches above his forehead and let her rip. It was early September squirrel season so his coat was really thin. I was very surprised myself. At 78 ft-pounds it shouldn't work.
How far did he make it before dropping?