Barbour Creek student take antelope @ 1507 yards

Point wasn't if they kill or not. I've shot a couple truckloads of critters with 105 Amax, 108 ELDM, 123 Amax, 140 Amax, 162 Amax, and 208 Amax. I know first hand how well they work.

Draw whatever inferences you want from the video, it simply shows that both the ELDM and ELDX do weird things and show poor expansion at 1800, which is well above the impact velocity in the OP's post.

So sending a 77 grain TMK at an elk at 1,200 yards is completely fine as long as I am capable of making the shot? Why use an expanding bullet at all if we don't care what velocities it will actually upset at? Let's try 2,000 yards next and see if we can just wound the animal.

No person should send a bullet at an animal at a velocity lower than what the bullet requires to properly function. That is complete disrespect for the animal that you are shooting at!

Your hyperbole aside, you are completely ignoring the fact that the bullet did properly function. The 147 ELD-M will expand/upset at 1200fps as much as a Barnes bullet will at 1800 fps. Nobody has a problem with that level of expansion, do they?

Just because the manufacturer says something doesn't mean it is gospel. Hornady also doesn't recommend you use the ELD-M on game. Sierra doesn't recommend you use the TMK on game. However, thousands of dead animals are a pretty compelling argument that they work just fine.

I have used a 220 grain 30 caliber bullet to kill a bunch of hogs and deer using a 300 BO at subsonic speeds from distances ranging from 15-110 yards. They worked just fine.

Rather than jump on the forum and try to say something isn't right with little to no factual evidence to base your opinion, I suggest you get out and test your assumptions. You may actually learn something.

I've killed and witnessed kills to the tune of literal dump trailer loads of grown whitetail does, all shot with 208 amax with a mv of 1000 fps at close range. Lung shots mostly. And most didn't go over 25 yards. Some just jumped looked around, then fell over. Every shot was a pencil hole all the way through.

I've killed and witnessed kills to the tune of literal dump trailer loads of grown whitetail does, all shot with 208 amax with a mv of 1000 fps at close range. Lung shots mostly. And most didn't go over 25 yards. Some just jumped looked around, then fell over. Every shot was a pencil hole all the way through.
All I used to shoot Mt lions with was a 22lr or 22 mag behind the shoulder, they fall out dead every time no fuss!
A freaking round ball out of a flintlock has less sauce than this guy hit that goat with and that doesn't seem to bunch up everyone's panties.

That's was a great shot, by someone who knew exactly what they were doing.

This is a case of a bunch of people standing in a circle wringing their hands and saying something can't be done, while there's a whole different group standing 15 feet behind them, actually making it happen.