Barbour Creek student take antelope @ 1507 yards

I think the name of the cartridge is what elicits the responses rather than the actual efficacy of a 147 eldm at that distance. I bet the sentiment would be way different if it had been a 260, 6.5x47 or some other similarly sized cartridge other that 6.5cm.
Not from me. I shoot both of the cartridges you mentioned.

The velocity at that distance is well under the stated minimum velocity for that bullet. For that reason I would not take that shot.

For those complaining about ethics and the shot distance you can go join here.

200andinhunting.com

Drop the ethics folks, it Lens living room and we are all guests here. Read the rules.

Projectile at that distance was still moving faster than most 9mm handgun rounds at point blank range.
Then let Len handle it and quit playing moderator wanna be and disparaging members that disagree.

The velocity at that distance is well under the stated minimum velocity for that bullet. For that reason I would not take that shot.
In your opinion and YOUR standard.
That's like walking up to a deer at point blank and shooting it with a 9mm….

How is that more or less humane than shooting a deer at 25y with a bow?

It's not my opinion, that's Hornady's data.

I'm not even going to get into that discussion because you apparently don't understand how they kill vastly different.

It's not my opinion, that's Hornady's data.

I'm not even going to get into that discussion because you apparently don't understand how they kill vastly different.
how which kill different? A 9mm is just a shittier ballistic of a rifle. The idea and desire is still shock and destruction of tissue. I'm very aware of how they kill. The expansion is approximated at 1600 fps. For ideal expansion.

If you're wrapped up on the bow analogy, it wasn't a comparison to ballistics, but a comparison of ethics to how long it takes an animal to expire.

Great shooting ! One day I hope to make the class with James . It's to bad people get hung up on their own ethics. Just because you don't think it's ethical doesn't give you the right to judge especially on a longrange hunting site.
Sounds like the site will be a few members lighter when It's all said and done.

I guess the difference is that at point blank with a pistol or close range with a bow, you can pretty much guarantee where your shot is going to land, where as with such a long shot, if the animal moves & you end up with a gut shot then you would have a totally different outcome.
The other thing to consider is the ES of your muzzle velocities. eg if the average MV is say 2750 ft/sec & you have a variation of + or -15 ft per sec at this range that can mean a change of impact of up to 14 inches, enough to cause a miss or non fatal hit. Certainly need to do some sharp figuring to pull it off successfully.
He did well to pull it off.

Im more interested in the App does it read mirage for you? Only tech I have heard of for reading wind is LIDAR. Reading wind is my limited factor, I intend to shoot some PRS matches to gain some experience. Went to the range with my buddy that competes in ELR I got first round hits from 900 to 1200 yards I laughed and said what's so hard about this? But I needed a good spotter!

I guess the difference is that at point blank with a pistol or close range with a bow, you can pretty much guarantee where your shot is going to land, where as with such a long shot, if the animal moves & you end up with a gut shot then you would have a totally different outcome.
The other thing to consider is the ES of your muzzle velocities. eg if the average MV is say 2750 ft/sec & you have a variation of + or -15 ft per sec at this range that can mean a change of impact of up to 14 inches, enough to cause a miss or non fatal hit. Certainly need to do some sharp figuring to pull it off successfully.
He did well to pull it off.
That wasn't what we were talking about. He was referring to the terminal performance. So thus was my analogy.

The probability of missing, is why ethics are forbidden on here. It's so subjective. When time and stress enter the equation, guys have gut shot animals with a bow at around 25 yards. All. The. Time. Every year, almost every state.

Similarly, guys have, and do make bad shots with a rifle at and inside 100y. All the time. Essentially, if you really go around trying to qualify what a guaranteed shot is, people shouldn't take shots at all, because, someone somewhere might pull a shot.

At the end of the day, people either have the skill, or you don't. You either perform, or you don't.

My big concern at that range would be the bullet performing. 1,200fps is quite slow for that bullet. Obviously it worked, but that would certainly have been my biggest concern.