Bad morning for ALL involved here.....

In North Dakota, Minnesota, or South Dakota you better put a tag on it. Otherwise your headed to jail. Even if you cut the antlers off. There's no way of proving that you cut them off a road kill unless the game warden watches you do it. If you do strike a animal with your vehicle and want it, you have to call the Game Warden in that area to write you a permit. If you don't want to wait, you can always put your rifle tag on it that you waited 2-5 years to get!:D

If they had to do paperwork on all the dead Ky. deer that's all they could do!
I can show you a bunch along I-275 by the house just rotting.
I could kill 50 a year from my back porch.. they are all over! There is NO LIMIT in
my zone for anterless?

So, I called up the local Fish & Wildlife Officer here and he said that people are suposed to get a "disposal tag" (which is free) if they want a road-kill deer, but they have to take the whole deer.....not just hack the antlers off. Furthermore, he also said that if he actually saw someone on the side of the road "hack-sawing" on a deer he probably wouldnt even stop to check on them because it wouldnt do ANY good to write a citation for that particular violation. Would be dismissed before it ever saw the inside of a courtroom. o_O

Last edited:
There's much bigger fish to fry. More power to the guy with the antlers. I hope he creates some whopper tales to go with them during the rest of his days.

There's much bigger fish to fry.
VERY true! That officer told me that last week a lady called him about a dead deer on her property that had apparently been hit. She told him it was a "7 pointer" and asked him if he could use it for educational purposes. He said he just laughed and told the lady he would go there to check on it. Well, when he got there he indeed saw 7 points.....ON ONE SIDE! There were 8 points on the other side and the buck was massive. He said to the lady....."Oh yeah.....I can "educate" some people with this one. It is now in the process of being made into a "ROBOTIC" deer for purposes of "educating" roadside shooters. :D

Oh there will be some good educating with that beast! Not too many poachers could resist a mirror gun rest and a try at that one. Reminds me of Foxworthys Incomplete Deer Hunter.

VERY true! That officer told me that last week a lady called him about a dead deer on her property that had apparently been hit. She told him it was a "7 pointer" and asked him if he could use it for educational purposes. He said he just laughed and told the lady he would go there to check on it. Well, when he got there he indeed saw 7 points.....ON ONE SIDE! There were 8 points on the other side and the buck was massive. He said to the lady....."Oh yeah.....I can "educate" some people with this one. It is now in the process of being made into a "ROBOTIC" deer for purposes of "educating" roadside shooters. :D
ere

Here we go again. This one is worse than the first one I posted. Working this one right now. Had some injuries here folks. Please be careful my friends...
20181203_075447.jpg

20181203_075423.jpg
20181203_075412.jpg

Deer went through the windshield. Miraculously the driver only sustained a minor laceration to his face. The "gore" seen here is ALL deer.....