Bacon wrapped coues back strap bites

LVJ76

I hadn't done these in a while and had several of my in law's in town and we were talking about venison and wine remembering my father in law and said what the heck, let's make some.

Back strap cut in small chunks and marinated overnight in a mix of honey, soy sauce and sriracha, I dont cut them too small as I don't to over cook the meat. Use extra thick cut bacon slices cut in half and wrap each piece with two pieces of bacon, one on each side so the meat is well covered and not exposed.

Heat up oven and broil till bacon is cooked but careful not to over do it so you dont dry the meat. Paired with a good Malbec and enjoy.

20191130_211858.jpg

Well, That beats the heck out of the pictures of what somebody on Facebook got from some leftist Foo-Foo restaurant in my neck of the woods. I like the marinade idea and you are correct - cooking blackstrap beyond medium/rare should be a misdemeanor.

Well, That beats the heck out of the pictures of what somebody on Facebook got from some leftist Foo-Foo restaurant in my neck of the woods. I like the marinade idea and you are correct - cooking blackstrap beyond medium/rare should be a misdemeanor.

More like a felony, especially for coues deer, you don't get much so cant waste any at all. Lol

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.