Automatic Gun Fire - Neighbor Called the Law - Pileated Woodpecker

Flickers used to destroy our siding and soffits. Some black multi core heavy copper wire, bent into the shape of a S, nailed to each side of the house ended that. Even when we had the house painted, and painter painted the "snakes", they ended the aerial assault. We have lots of piliated, red headed and other wood peckers around, but only the Flickers have done damage to the house. It is a shame neighbors today can't be neighborly.

We get complaints about automatic gun fire at our (private) club. Sometimes the Town PD responds. Virtually every one of these complaints was tracked down to a day & time that one of the local PDs was training at out facility. The club posted signs for the members that restricts fire to one round per second. What a ridiculous response to an issue that wasn't caused by our members and doesn't affect the PD who train with their ARs.

No matter where you shoot, someone has an issue.

I sent a post last month with a woodpecker drilling into our deck for BEES!
I got one that drilled a perfect hole in my shed. I was going to fix it then thought it would just make another. So I left it alone for now. So far so good after 2 years just one hole. Compromises are tough in the woods sometimes. lol

I got one that drilled a perfect hole in my shed. I was going to fix it then thought it would just make another. So I left it alone for now. So far so good after 2 years just one hole. Compromises are tough in the woods sometimes. lol
This is what we got from a small Pecker, nothing like the Pileated one making a Full auto noise. Posted these pics a few weeks ago.
By the way I didn't put in my first Post. When the Deputy was pulling in our driveway, I was using a handheld sledgehammer to hit a chisel in our Brick Siding to make the hole bigger to fit the new Electrical Wire for our Water Well. As I was hammering the chisel I was stunned by the Sherrif vehicle and missed the chisel and smashed my little finger between the sledgehammer and Brick. It turned totally Black/Blue the next day. Should have taken a picture. I am finally finishing with the electrical today. Now I have to put the new Water Heater in.

Attachments

• Wood Pecker.jpg
    Wood Pecker.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 20
  • Wood Pecker1.jpg
    Wood Pecker1.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 19

Recent Posts