Athlon?

The meopta optica 6 scopes can't be beat for the price and are on par with scopes that cost twice as much . They are not Chinese made. I have a Athlon 4.5x27 gen 2 great scope , but Chinese made the Meopta is a better scope same price range locking elevation turret etc . Eoropean glass Meopta made the Zeiss conquest and I'm pretty sure they make some of Cabelas scopes. Dusk and Dawn is where they shine.

The meopta optica 6 scopes can't be beat for the price and are on par with scopes that cost twice as much . They are not Chinese made. I have a Athlon 4.5x27 gen 2 great scope , but Chinese made the Meopta is a better scope same price range locking elevation turret etc . Eoropean glass Meopta made the Zeiss conquest and I'm pretty sure they make some of Cabelas scopes. Dusk and Dawn is where they shine.

I've been looking really hard at the Optika6 line. It seems to offer everything I need & +90% of what I want. Pricing was surprisingly good & every review i've seen so far has been favorable.

t

What you have are people that have their favorite anything and that's the only thing that to have.
Then you have people that know nothing about them and hate them anyway.
Then you have people that have them and know they are a good product for what they are.
Truth be known they are probably made in the same plant some of the big names are and just priced better for not being a big name.....yet
The difference I have found is in the ability of the scope to arrive at perfect resolution at longer distances. You have to pay a lot of money to get that resolution often found in optics in the $1,500 range and up. The Athlon ($150) spotting scopes I have looked through have good resolution but seem to lose it at distance, in Benchrest we buy the top $ stuff.