Arizona ban on trail cams

I know my take on this will be unpopular, but its funny reading that camera's are "unfair, unnecessary and to much technology" for hunting. But the same people use a rifle that can reach animals at over 500 yards, a laser range finder to pin down the distance and even scopes that will calculate bullet drop.

It's not just a question of the cameras' "fairness." There are so many of the d***ed things that wildlife (and livestock) is literally being blocked from getting to water because of the number of people going in and out to check their cameras. I've personally counted 42 around one semi-remote waterhole in 6A. That not only not "sporting," it's a friggin nuisance.

Cameras are great management tools. It's the abuse of them on public lands that is causing the problem.
Does this law differentiate between private and public? If not, then this is going to be abused. People will get charged for putting cameras up on their property, even if it is not for hunting. How are you going to turn in trespassers?

The constitution in AZ would have to be amended. That's a hurdle too far. If Arizona goes the way of Colorado, it'll be the last state to do so.
All you need is a lib for a governor appointing PETA people. AZ is not different than Colorado. That is how our commission is as well. Now we are seeing it happen.

Not the wildlife funding. Not that it matters. The governor appoints the commission just like in AZ. The governor is a libtard and is appointing libtards. What a surprise! The same thing will happen in AZ.
Az is significantly different in that Game and Fish manages the game and fish department only and has no management of the state parks as in Colorado. AZGFD is not funded by any of the general fund. We also don't just appoint anyone. The applicant has to apply and be qualified to serve in the commission.

"Under the provisions of the Arizona Revised Statutes 17-231, the Arizona Game and Fish Commission establishes policy for the management, preservation, and harvest of wildlife. The Commission makes rules and regulations for managing, conserving, and protecting wildlife and fisheries resources, and safe and regulated watercraft and off-highway vehicle operations for the benefit of the citizens of Arizona. In support of the Commission's obligations, the Director, as chief administrative officer, provides general supervision and control of all Department functions and activities.

The Commission is composed of five members appointed by the Governor pursuant to ARS 38-211. The Commission appoints the Director of the Arizona Game and Fish Department, and the Director serves as secretary to the Commission. No more than one commissioner may be from any one county. No more than three may be from the same political party. Each commissioner serves a five-year term, staggered. Commissioners customarily serve as chairman during their last year."

What is the regulation in Colorado in terms of "trail cameras"? In Az 95% of our hunting is on public land.

Az is significantly different in that Game and Fish manages the game and fish department only and has no management of the state parks as in Colorado. AZGFD is not funded by any of the general fund. We also don't just appoint anyone. The applicant has to apply and be qualified to serve in the commission.

"Under the provisions of the Arizona Revised Statutes 17-231, the Arizona Game and Fish Commission establishes policy for the management, preservation, and harvest of wildlife. The Commission makes rules and regulations for managing, conserving, and protecting wildlife and fisheries resources, and safe and regulated watercraft and off-highway vehicle operations for the benefit of the citizens of Arizona. In support of the Commission's obligations, the Director, as chief administrative officer, provides general supervision and control of all Department functions and activities.

The Commission is composed of five members appointed by the Governor pursuant to ARS 38-211. The Commission appoints the Director of the Arizona Game and Fish Department, and the Director serves as secretary to the Commission. No more than one commissioner may be from any one county. No more than three may be from the same political party. Each commissioner serves a five-year term, staggered. Commissioners customarily serve as chairman during their last year."

What is the regulation in Colorado in terms of "trail cameras"? In Az 95% of our hunting is on public land.
Yep, just like ours was. Then the libs merged Parks with our Division of Wildlife but must have 2 budgets. Ours isn't funded by the general fund either. It doesn't matter though......When you have an anti hunting anti gun governor and he/she gets to make the appointments you are going to get what you get. On the trail cameras...no live/cell just sd cards are allowed.

Yep, just like ours was. Then the libs merged Parks with our Division of Wildlife but must have 2 budgets. Ours isn't funded by the general fund either. It doesn't matter though......When you have an anti hunting anti gun governor and he/she gets to make the appointments you are going to get what you get. On the trail cameras...no live/cell just sd cards are allowed
Wow, I didn't know things were so bad in Colorado. I always thought you had very generous hunting regulations. Generous seasons, generous tags by draw and especially OTC, generous bag limits and generous opportunities for out of state hunters.

We've gone off track on this thread somewhat but in Az we have some issues with trail cams being abused. It's not that I don't like them, or don't like using them, they just shouldn't be allowed to be abused as they are now.

Wow, I didn't know things were so bad in Colorado. I always thought you had very generous hunting regulations. Generous seasons, generous tags by draw and especially OTC, generous bag limits and generous opportunities for out of state hunters.

We've gone off track on this thread somewhat but in Az we have some issues with trail cams being abused. It's not that I don't like them, or don't like using them, they just shouldn't be allowed to be abused as they are now.
Yeah we did get off course for the thread. As far as our "generous" hunting regulations...have you seen what has happened in the last couple of years? Shortening seasons and adjusting them so that they start in the middle of the week and give people less opportunity...managing strictly to get the most money possible. You now have to purchase a license to apply in the drawing. That is 100 dollars just to try and draw for a non resident. Tons of changes in the last few years and fees going up and up. Back to the subject... I can understand no cameras on public land but certainly not private.

correction ... DID happen in CO ... I'm afraid there's no turning CO around.
Yep...the "what is happening" are our wonderful new fees and regulations. It is going to get much worse. Look at the people Polis has appointed.....https://cpw.state.co.us/aboutus/Pages/CommissionMembers.aspx

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts