Are you Satisfied?

Yeah, if they had just given me the ammo I would have told them the answers without destroying all that ammo and they would have saved a lot of work. But I guess then they would not have had the videos. And as cold as I am now, those fires looked real good.

Yeah, if they had just given me the ammo I would have told them the answers without destroying all that ammo and they would have saved a lot of work. But I guess then they would not have had the videos. And as cold as I am now, those fires looked real good.
I would have liked it better if they did a video on smokeless powder (1.3C). You should see all the testing blasting caps go through before the can be shipped (1.4B).

Wouldn't storing powder in a safe be the wrong thing to do? You may have commented on it and I missed it.
If it's stored in small containers shouldn't be a big deal especially in a fire rated safe.

With as many cubic feet as you have in a large gun safe there's a lot of room for expansion should it get hot enough to ignite.

Honestly though I think the wisest route for most people keeping only a few pounds around would be not to store it in anything other than the jugs it came in with them setting on a shelf unless they have a true fireproof safe with enough of a rating for time and temp that there should be little or no concern of it ever igniting in a "typical house fire".

About ten years ago when I started buying in fairly large volume I had to rethink it and figured my "powder locker" will do double duty and not risk an explosion should the powder flash because while the lid probably weights over 100lbs it isn't latched.

Honestly a guy would not be foolish to talk to your local FC to see what they'd prefer/recommend.

Unfortunately it's one of those things where people need to "see it to believe it".

You'd be surprised how many students I've had that wanted to argue that cooking off ammo and powder pose an extreme explosive risk. Some still don't buy it once they've see it but at least they've been told and shown.

Eh>?

I'll shoot several thousand rounds of large case magnum ammo and a boat load of smaller case rifle cartridges in a year's time. For that I have to keep a supply of at least five different powders on hand at any given time and need at least five to ten pounds of each just to get through a year.

That has nothing to do with greed or being selfish it's what we call freedom and capitalism down here.

We all get frustrated when we're waiting for components but bashing on others who plan further ahead isn't going to put it back on the shelves.
sorry if I made someone feel bashed.. was not on my intentions.... I shoot 1/3 f the volume of yours.. ( ( which s pretty high volume UP HERE) I'm capitalist too u know? lol feel free to sell me some powder if u want.....

I've found a good approach is to change what I think I need. I've sold all my h1000, rl23, 7977, and a few other "panic powders" and have taken the opportunity to get to know some less loved powders that are more frequently in stock (superformance, leverevolution, a few others) for decent prices still. I didn't want to quit shooting, had lots of
Other expenses…so i sold my h1000 for
Three times what I paid for it ON AUCTION…didn't rip anyone off, just put it out there for the highest bidder on a gun auction.
shortage is so bad THAT I'M RELOADING 300 WIN MAG WITH MY LEAD CAST BULLET ( I MELT LEAD ON OLD CAR BATTERIES. )AND USE black powder from my uncle 12 gauge reload stock.. that i stole from him . ( he hidden the powder in a old fridge in his shed) 😆🤣😂😹😆🤣

The cartridge one is loading for will determine the amt of loads from a lb can. OK a 50 BMG @ 210-230 Gr per round vrs a Hornet @ 8-12 Gr big difference on how far a lb will go. So from 30 rounds to almost 600 rounds just a little difference. So buying 8 lb kegs is nothing for a 50 BMG shooter one needs to have at least 2-3 times the 8 lb kegs. Getting the military powder is also getting harder to find. I could use a few lb cans of certain powders for the most am set for now I hope !!! For now am using the 6.5 Creed and into the 6MM XC big difference in powder demands from the 50's toy's. Good luck with the supply line of components. I hate the Haz charges !!!!

It is utterly despicable today. Be glad you left. Laws on everything. I'm sure I break a law every day and don't even know it. Tax on everything. Fees on everything. Governor is a complete crook. Cost of living and gas are highest in the world. Not the nation. The world. If I could get my 77 year old parents to move I would leave in a heartbeat. Bums everywhere. Drugs everywhere. Shiz everywhere. I'm talking human feces in the streets. It's an atrocious place to raise your kids. No beauty left. Just a wasteland. Scorched earth. No water. You know what? This place might be hell. It's that bad.

I left CA as soon as I graduated HS, 1954, It was a Red state then. I had every intention of returning but I met my wife in Texas and she didnt want to live in CA. I blame myself for what happened to CA because it happened soon after I left. Sorry guys, my bad.

Last edited: