Anyone familiar with this...

Yes...parts and pieces don't excite me when thinking about one of these guns....

Dcan....maybe you shouldn't have peed on the roses to teach the dog...they learn from their master.....

Mudrunner...single and well armed...must look like Popeye....
Watch a movie named American Pie.....bake apple pies.....

Went to gunshop....that's a bad thing to do early in the day...no one else there....no distractions........
So I talked with the owner about the AR15...
Lower is Spikes..barrel brand new stainless fluted wylder...
Scope 4-12×40 Athlon...
And you will see the rest....basically other than the bolt face you couldn't see a mark any where on the gun...
Owner said the gun would cost about 1100 to piece together at retail prices....price was 900(10% owners fee)...so I had shop owner call in a price of 700 to gun owner...split at 750....and I paid the shop owner his 90...of which he discounted a couple hundred rounds of varmint tip to me....so basically 900....and a scope and hardware for nothing....scope might work really well on the gun...or it will find a new home on my ruger 77/22(its in need)...oh yeah...a nice trigger to boot....very smooth....
I hope you guys say I did well.....I hate to lose.... 0412181308b.jpg 0412181308a.jpg 0412181308.jpg 0412181307.jpg 0412181306.jpg

Good looking rifle. Should work well for you, I like that Ace stock a lot. Trigger looks a lot like my ALG... good trigger. Can you see who made the barrel?

Said it is a wylde barrel and the trigger I believe is the alg...as there were a few hanging right below the gun and we compared....didn't pull it apart to check....but it is smooth..th ar racked next to was a creepy crawler before tripping.....should be fun....but I know two hundred rounds won't last long...gotta start saving....

Yeah, 223 Wylde is chambering that was designed to get most out of both 223 and 5.56.

Maker probably listed up under the handguard closer to barre shoulder. Doesn't really matter if it shoots well!

Unfortunately I got caught sneaking it into the house...now I have to take wife and kid out to dinner......that sucks....that's gonna cost a lot of rounds........****....

Barrel looks to be a high-quality piece. I'm also interested to see who it was made by. I like the flutes and the fact that it's 5R-rifled. Also, the Spikes lower is good quality...I have one just like it. I like that stock as well.

The only thing I'd change is that handguard... UTG parts are made for airsoft guns, and not real guns (thinner and lighter weight because of less stress on the parts of an airsoft gun mimicking a real gun, compared to a real gun), but alot of budget builders and garage builders that build them for quick profit will use them because most folks don't know the difference. If the rifle shoots good, and you plan on keeping it, I'd consider upgrading that down the road to a higher-quality unit.

For the record, not hating on anything, just trying to steer folks straight with facts so they know what to watch out for if there ever is a problem.

I pulled the six screws holding the forearm on...didn't see any names...fluted front and back on barrel...
Did notice the barrel wasn't centered in the foregrip....realigned it some and sucked it up tight....
One day I will get out to play...
The shop had a box of a 1000 fmj I think around 240$....

They finally got back to me....the box of 1000 are reloads and $325 plus tax....

Last edited:
Barrel looks to be a high-quality piece. I'm also interested to see who it was made by. I like the flutes and the fact that it's 5R-rifled. Also, the Spikes lower is good quality...I have one just like it. I like that stock as well.

The only thing I'd change is that handguard... UTG parts are made for airsoft guns, and not real guns (thinner and lighter weight because of less stress on the parts of an airsoft gun mimicking a real gun, compared to a real gun), but alot of budget builders and garage builders that build them for quick profit will use them because most folks don't know the difference. If the rifle shoots good, and you plan on keeping it, I'd consider upgrading that down the road to a higher-quality unit.

For the record, not hating on anything, just trying to steer folks straight with facts so they know what to watch out for if there ever is a problem.

took the words out of my fingers mudrunner. i used the same rail on my very first AR built. it's a solid rail, made in USA and i think i paid $90 for it at a gun show. but it's a utg.

it definitely would not cost you $1100 to build that yourself. an ALG trigger is about $60 for the nicest one. the rail is probably $100-110. spikes lower is about $100. the stock is probably at least $100. the scope is about $110 at cabelas. the rings are nikon, not sure what they run but i've seen them before. the barrel looks nice, stainless and heavy. shoot be decently accurate for AR with good ammo.

congrats on the gun though. i think $750 was fair since all you had to do was fill out the 4473 and tote it home. have fun with it! next thread you'll be asking for suggestions on building your own.

I pulled the six screws holding the forearm on...didn't see any names...fluted front and back on barrel...
Did notice the barrel wasn't centered in the foregrip....realigned it some and sucked it up tight....
One day I will get out to play...
The shop had a box of a 1000 fmj. Reloads...$350

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.