Anybody from Kansas on here?

I am at Monument KS, south of Colby a ways. I have ground to shoot as far as a person has a chance of hitting with a rifle, though I haven't tried to stretch it past 500 yet.

I will vouch for Tyler Flock's work at Atwood, as well. Has been very good for me, quick, and always real pleasant to visit with when he is out at the counter.

i'm in Paola... and that's where i'm going to stay! (until hunting season)

gun)gun)gun)gun)gun)gun)gun)gun)gun)gun)gun)gun)gun)gun)

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Darracq, I am from Riverton just south of you send me a pm and maybe we can have a cup of coffee and chat about it sometime soon.

Leavenworth. Anybody know a good place where i can let my 375 Cheytac go to stretch its legs? Or any reliable gunsmiths that can fix a 338/378 WBY?

any info would be appreciated

I can shoot to 400-600yds on steel in NE KS, but will be hunting the antlerless season the next couple weekends. I can only offer an X bag standing over the truck hood for shooting position. Really wet year makes lower shooting positions not work now. I want my gong to last so I wouldn't use that big a gun too close.

I've had several rifles built by Flint Hills Gun Works in Manhattan I haven't been disappointed in, and I'm pretty hard to please on accuracy. Call them and ask for John if you are interested. He knows his stuff.

Reading through this whole thread, I'd encourage those who are looking to build or re-barrel a custom gun to consider Flint Hills Gun Works. He has built me a 204, 6mm, 264 win mag, and 270 win. They are all shooters that I use a bunch. The 204 is for areas with cats and I use 45gr Hornady bullets in the 1 in 10 twist barrel. The 6mm shoots heavy bullets best but when I learned its 1 in 9 barrel would still put 70gr BT bullets in 3/4" at 100yds and smoke yotes at 350 with no holdover I compromised. The 270 and 264 are elk/deer guns and have decorated my home with no surprises on accuracy. They all shoot under MOA with a crappy rest on a picnic table. I don't know what they are truly capable of due to the limitations of my range, but they shoot really well for me and give me confidence when I fire. John works over the trigger and floats/beds any gun I buy, rebarrels and fixes the stocks on ones that need it. I shot my buck this year at 300yds at a tough angle and didn't hesitate with one of Johns rifles and a bit of time to set the shot up. It worked.

Beloit here. Looking to start planning my first build. Probably a 6.5 x 55, as I shoot '06 and 243 already. Deer, coyotes, and birds. Prairie dogs too!gun)

Arkansas City here. About 20 miles SE of Oxford & 7 miles E of beautiful downtown Geuda Springs.

Arkansas City huh, you all have a pretty area down there by the river, lots of rock outcroppings etc. not at all what I expected. Stuck my first Rio last year at Kaw wildlife. I'm from MO so we don't have Rio's here and I had a blast. It's cool you all get to hunt turkeys all day too, we have to quit at 1pm. You all have plenty of Yotes running around...wish they were dumb enough to get with in bow range!!!!!

Yep sure am just out side of Salina Ks on the dickison boarder! How are you? I reload the 300 WSM shoot it through a Savage model 12 stainless bull barrel looking through a Leupold mark 4 10 fixed at any thing I can see deer, coyote steel, paper target have mile long rang love it too... and you?