Antelope this fall...

270wsmnutt

After 28 years of marriage, my wife has asked me to go with her on a hunting trip for the 1st time and I am thinking antelope in Wyoming or even Nebraska would be a great hunt for her. I have hunted Wyoming antelope a couple of times on public land with good success, but think for this trip I might be best served if I could find private land with a fair trespass fee. So if anyone has any private land available or know of any please let me know as I will need to be applying for tags soon. Thanks in advance for any contacts or advice for my 28th anniversary gift!

I could be wrong but it is my understanding you can get a list from Wyoming G&F of private land contacts you can pay a trespass fee to hunt on their land. Several units in eastern Wyoming you can draw with no points. I have only hunted western Wyoming the couple times we have been so I am only going on what I have heard.
I am at 6 points for Wyoming so trying to decide what I will be doing this year!

Thanks for the info! I will contact G&F to see if I can get that private land list with trespass fees. Thanks again.

Thanks for the info! I will contact G&F to see if I can get that private land list with trespass fees. Thanks again.

The G&F quit that several years ago. About the best you can do is call the local Chamber of Commerce to see if they have any names to contact. There are a few on the main G&F website under the Public Access Section at the top of the main page, but they are very limited and a number of them only allow doe hunting.

Been sidetracked by work, but I see quotas and dates are now released. With no points, I found the following area's with good odds of drawing:22,23,25,26 (others as well I am sure). Of those, areas does anyone any recommendations? I have a contact for private land access in unit 25 that I am currently checking out. These are near where I took my son a few years ago and like that it is not far to the Bighorn mountains (would like to take my wife for some sight seeing as well).

270w.................I am in the same boat. Contacted F&G about such a trespass fee landowner list, but was told to Kiss-off and die. (not really, they were nice enough, but not helpful) I see odds for a lot of the units for even a doe/fawn tag were 9:1 on west public lands........so....wanting to camp and hunt on our own may be a thing of the past.............good luck...............FW Bill

I would not apply for units 22 or 23. Unit 22 is very rough country and there are very few antelope on the public land that is accessible in the northeastern part of the unit. Unit 23 to the east of it gets hammered on the public land up in the northwestern part of the unit that is legally accessible only from the north. If you want to hunt a unit this year with lots of private land that is in the WIHA program and has 100% odds on drawing the tag, send me a PM because I don't want to put it out on an open Forum for all to see.

Been sidetracked by work, but I see quotas and dates are now released. With no points, I found the following area's with good odds of drawing:22,23,25,26 (others as well I am sure). Of those, areas does anyone any recommendations? I have a contact for private land access in unit 25 that I am currently checking out. These are near where I took my son a few years ago and like that it is not far to the Bighorn mountains (would like to take my wife for some sight seeing as well).

I hunted unit 25 Several years ago and if I remember correctly a lot of the public land was landlocked by private. We did see a ton of goats and if get access to private should be a good hunt.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.