Announcing the New Hammer HHT

At 500 yards that is roughly ~21 inches of drop so that has to be a really big animal.

I suppose if you zeroed a load like that at 200 yards yeah.

@ButterBean has these started north of 4200 fps in his .300 RUM (over 3700 at 100 yards).

Just guessing a bc of around .350 with a scope mounted at standard 1.5 height, if you zero that for 350 yards is about exactly 12 inches of drop at 500 and at no point more than 4 inches above line of sight on its way to 350.
That's where something's don't add up.
Mines leaving at right around 4200. Zeroed at 300, it's 5" low at 400, and 14" low at 500. Confirmed many times.

Here is an example how I base everything, This is The Mule (300 RUN) with the 124 HH, I hold myself to 500 yard shot on deer unless the conditions are good and I'm confident in the shot now with that being said it's still an 800 yard laser with the 124, as I said this is what works for me
View attachment 555432

That is flat trajectory. For deer size game you could choose to forego dialing any correction up to 350 yards or so! Point and shoot!

When I put together my last rifle I bought a March scope not realizing that everything is not MOA. When it arrived it was Mills. I had no idea what mills are so I went on the 'net and everybody was being smart allec and not helping.

So I finally went to the range and fired it. It was about 3" left. So I just turned it certain number to the right to see where it would go. From that I figured out what a mill is and how to adjust.

As far as adjusting for long range, I just got a ballistics chart. The turret doesn't care if it's mills or MOAs or what just twist it to what it says, verify go from there.

Gday flyguy1

I personally wouldn't worry about the bigger 224 hht

Not that they don't work but nothing is coming close to the 57hht on the results I've seen guys getting

No personal experience yet but I will have some coming soon as that pill is ticking more boxes than any other I've seen in that 224 line so I've gotta see what all this koolaid is about 😜
A interesting observation from a bloke I value his information as he is pretty darn thorough this pills bc seems higher than advertised (57hht ) now put the wound channel that surpasses many 6mm & if this all holds out I just wouldn't bother with the other ones
Mmm speed & bc & great wound channels
Does it get any better hmmm yep my 375 278 gr hht lol

Cheers
We need details on this 375 278 gr HHT! Sounds like a winner in my 378 Weatherby.

I had no idea what mills are so I went on the 'net and everybody was being smart allec and not helping.
Mils are 1/10th of anything at 100 of itself.

1/10th of a meter at 100 meters
1/10th of a yard at 100 yards
1/10th of a mile at 1 mile
And so on

The hardest part for me is remembering that 1/10th of a yard is 3.6" and not 1". So 1mil is 3.6" at 100 yards, and 0.1" mil clicks are 0.36" at 100 yards. If you want to be super-technical it's 1/1000th of something, but I like the 1/10th at 100 rule better personally.

You're 100% correct that once you get it in the chart is could me MOA, MILs, or thicknesses of a piece of paper, all that matters is you click as many times as the chart tells you to.

Sorry I'm so late to the party. Hunting in Feb and a family get together this month and I've been out of the loop for a month or so.

7prc: I loaded mine last fall with the 170gr Hammer HHT with rl26, 26" Proof, on a Tikka action. The Tikka limits the oal a bit. My load nets 3130 fps. I also loaded the 145gr HHT in this rifle at 3400 fps. I chose to hunt with the 170gr HHT more for marketing purpose than anything. We have been beating the light for cal high velocity drum for years now. Enough that we are gaining a reputation that Hammers are great but you have to run them fast. That's not true. You can run them fast with great results, they don't need speed for great results.

I think if you are hunting past 600y then the heavier bullets have the advantage. Under 500y speed is king. To a point. The great thing with an 8" twist prc is there is no wrong answer! Only opinions and they are all correct! I believe hunter confidence in the setup should not be overlooked. If a guy feels better with the heavier bullets for the task at hand, then that is what he should run. Assuming bullets are fully stable. Better confidence will lead to better results.

I killed my elk last fall at 350y. This was within my max PBR, so dead hold. Hit high shoulder and bull dropped to the shot. This hit spine so the result is to be expected. That said, the heavy for cal normal velocity, Hammer worked very well and performed as it should. Brian killed his bull with 160gr HHT from his 6.8 Western running 3050 fps at 150y. Bull running away hit in the pocket and excited off shoulder and the bull was down inside 20y from impact. Another heavy for caliber, normal velocity very swift Hammer kill.