• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Alliant at Powder Valley

what's funny too me is ... If people are relying on others to find the stuff for them they don't need it, they're being enabled! seriously!!
there are so many ways too get powder if YOU NEED IT and have a little patience.. all these sites that sell it have alert methods.. don't be reliant on others!!

if you have the time too come on here and look for alert post's .. you have wasted a step coming here instead go right to the source and find out yourself.. if you truly need it!

Honestly if you truly needed say h1000 you wouldn't be sweeting it right now .. you would have bought several 8# of it when they were available because you actually shoot it! RIGHT? cuzz that's your powder RIGHT??

the only way that stuff is going too come back at any rate ,,,,, STOP PANIC BUYING FOR NO REASON..

case in point.. talked too a guy at the range the other day said he found 2 8 pound jugs of H1K at a local mom and pop store and bought both of them ... I said oh sweet what do you use those in... his response ... "nothing really... I mostly use imr4350 and 4831 in the rifles hunt with and i have a ton of both, but I bought it because I know its really hard too get"

you could've boiled water with my blood temp and I simply walked away ...

i mean come on ... every single one of these post's 2 min after being slapped up the next post's comes on saying ... "its already gone" and then everyone gets ****ed. 🤔

and if you think there isn't buy bots and people out there getting paid too sit on a computer like a stock market seller/buyer just waiting too buy stuff up ... we've got a way bigger problem
I agree 100%

I see it as **** poor planning on peoples part. When I buy one of your rifles or a full custom from anyone, I buy enough primers, powder, and bullets to shoot the barrel out. I can't see spending that kind of money and having variables arise throughout the life of the rig. If you spent 5-7 k on a rifle and 3K on optics, whats another 1k in components to ensure nothing changes throughout the barrel life.....especially if a gunsmith such as yourself provides load data. My $.02

I agree 100%

I see it as **** poor planning on peoples part. When I buy one of your rifles or a full custom from anyone, I buy enough primers, powder, and bullets to shoot the barrel out. I can't see spending that kind of money and having variables arise throughout the life of the rig. If you spent 5-7 k on a rifle and 3K on optics, whats another 1k in components to ensure nothing changes throughout the barrel life.....especially if a gunsmith such as yourself provides load data. My $.02
Right on. Bad part is, if you built a rifle right now but didn't have primers for that particular cartridge, you'd be hurting. That's what's happening to many people. It did to me. I wound up trading powder for primers so worked out ok. It's all about what your willing to do to get the item. Get desperate enough and you'll find what you need.

Right on. Bad part is, if you built a rifle right now but didn't have primers for that particular cartridge, you'd be hurting. That's what's happening to many people. It did to me. I wound up trading powder for primers so worked out ok. It's all about what your willing to do to get the item. Get desperate enough and you'll find what you need.
I hear you on that. I am trying to decide on what my next build will be based on components available. Do I really need another build.....no not really, but it's a disease. Luckily the iron in the fire for me currently is a Smokeless Muzzleloader. No shortage of bullets at least ha.

there are people out there helping others out. I traded 5 thousand 210/205 GMM primers I have no use for to a local guy for some H1000 at powder valley cost for both of us. I hate what's going on and don't want to contribute to the idiocy. However, if I need something I know you have to pay to play in times such as these. It is what it is....

Or maybe you don't have 10 grand tied up in any of this you just want powder so you can shoot. Maybe you buy powder by the lb instead of keg or 100 bullets at a time instead of 1000 because of budget.

I like to complain by generally cursing at the sky or internet in this case without blame to others but also try not to call out others that have not because I don't know their situation. Either way on to the next meeting bowing out of this thread. If powder is available between now and 6pm eastern I will miss it again

Yep I agree. Not looking good but it'll get better. Always does.
Yep. Just hard to want to build a rifle I always wanted, when I finally get the donor rifle. I know all this stuff will come back, but the laws and regulations that a certain group of people are trying to pass has me more worried.

Yep. Just hard to want to build a rifle I always wanted, when I finally get the donor rifle. I know all this stuff will come back, but the laws and regulations that a certain group of people are trying to pass has me more worried.
I'm working on two builds right now. One is a magnum the other is not. I have most of what I need for both but will eventually be out of powders for both. Bullets and primers I have will make it thru a barrel on both. Hopefully by then, components will be available.

I use to feel that way till I did get serious and was online on my free time scouting it out. Wound up getting it. It's not gonna come to you. IF and only IF you really want it, you'll stop complaining about others buying it up and start buying it yourself. It's that simple. I did exactly what you did. I even bitched about people buying up all the toilet paper last May. Then decided F-it, I'll find some. Well, I did. I went online and bought 2 cases. When you get desperate, you'll find some.
were there is a will there is a way

Hodgdon has imr4198. Just got a jug. Their website is acting up so jut try, try, and try some more. Put some in my cart and had cart go to zero. Then showing out of stock. Changed to a different powder, got it in my cart, system had multiple problems. FINALLY GOT TO THE CART AND DID THE DEAL. It would not surprise me I I get a cancellation in the next week, like they just did to me, but at least I have some hope.

It's so **** crazy, Local sportsman warehouse here has been getting lines at 6am. They get little shipments of powder and primers every Thurs evening.

Doesn't it seem coincidental that all these places started getting powder in stock all at once? I wonder what got the stuff moving
People back to work? Vaccinated, less distancing? Idk, but can you imagine the pita of trying to run any kind of factory where people can't work beside another person, or have to be separated at every station? How about the mandatory quarantines that were in place if the person next to you got sick?

Everyone thinks there's such a grand conspiracy going on with anything ammo related, when in reality those industries are going through the same troubles every other industry went through the last year. Then, as soon as a shortage is perceived, people have to buy 100 of everything they see and boom, the shortage is realized.