? about bad barrel blank

Hoping for the best on this. Too bad we didn't have before & after pictures of the throat. Curious to what they saw. I love my Teslong bore cam, best $50 spent in a while.
My guess it will be a real shooter.
Good luck,
Randy

Mike,
Getting out to the range right now is not going to happen. Between work, my sons travel basketball, my daughters volleyball, etc., I just don't have the time. I'm very interested in seeing if the barrel shoots any better. Would you happen to have an old Remington 700 standard taper barrel that is either shot out or you just don't need? I need a barrel so I can copy the taper for my barrel vise bushing. Let me know.

Frank

Hi, did you ever shoot this and figure out what was going on? I'm very curious after 14pages. Tried to pm you as I have a few questions but that didn't seem available.

I have zero experience in what you have described, but I would certainly call Wilson and see what can be done.
Ask them as many questions (from a learning perspective) that you can- What would cause this? What do I need to do differently next time? Etc...
It's not really a lesson learned if you didn't learn anything.

Good luck and please keep us posted.

Ron
he's is not a certified gun smith there is nothing wilson will do

Hi, did you ever shoot this and figure out what was going on? I'm very curious after 14pages. Tried to pm you as I have a few questions but that didn't seem available.
Unfortunately, I never got around to shooting that barrel. I put another barrel on that action and haven't had the time to switch it back. I got a new computer and I couldn't remember my username and password. Finally found it and I'm back in lol!! I'm hoping to swap barrels this spring and see how things go, if I do I will definitely update this thread. I cant believe it has been over two years already

Last edited:
he's is not a certified gun smith there is nothing wilson will do
I'm guessing you didn't read the whole thread. You are correct, I'm not a certified gunsmith, but you are incorrect by saying there is nothing Wilson would do. Wilson did indeed take the barrel back and worked on it for me in hopes to make it shoot better. Go to post #182 from this thread and you will see a letter from Wilson Arms.