A Little Off The Top

I bought a laser bore sighter that slips in the muzzle end to make sure this didn't happen. I loaned my CED chrono out a couple times and it still came back with impacts on the screens/sensors. After the second time I just put the thing up and haven't used it in a hand full of years.

I have a friend that used to shoot a chrono every 2 yrs, and he still doesn't own a magneto or better.
I have shot those things on purpose, shooting chrony and a CED. If i ever get my labradar back from a friend who borrowed it, first model, it is going to get groups shot on it at 500 yards.
Sending one to the promised land is a right of passage.
Last fall, we were shooting 22LR, having a blast when 2 vehicles pull up, wanting to chrono ammo for hunting. Their chrono, an RCBS bullet thing, no tripod. I knew this was going to be a circus and we packed up, next trip out, the "bullet" was in the trash can. I was envisioning someone in front of the rifle trying to prop the thing up while it was on the ground. I have no clue what transpired, but the RCBS was a one and done unit.

Although difficult to admit, I doubt there are few folks who have shot thousands of rounds that have not done this at least once. I'm guilty as well. Now that we have Labradar and magnetospeed we can all look forward to shooting long range cameras.
LOL, my goal is a drone with a camera, at 1600 or beyond.

I met the local club range idiot this morning and it turned out to be me. I was having a great session up until the point where I put a 196 hammer hunter into my chronograph. I had just changed rifles and lowered my front rest just a bit too much. I
I hate when that happens. Sorry.

I met the local club range idiot this morning and it turned out to be me. I was having a great session up until the point where I put a 196 hammer hunter into my chronograph. I had just changed rifles and lowered my front rest just a bit too much. I
Thankful no one was injured and you lived to tell the story. learn from it and move on. and you get a new chronograph