7mm PRC starting load Please

Ahhhh... copy.. 150 accubonds could be nasty
I know what an Accubond does on an elk, and I have killed several deer with a 160 and the seven, but it's so much energy that you never know how much overkill it might be.

So they got me thinking, and you put it quite well "150 Accubonds could be nasty" and certainly should be a very ethical kill on a deer. Quick and over and maybe a little less overkill 🤷‍♂️

I know what an Accubond does on an elk, and I have killed several deer with a 160 and the seven, but it's so much energy that you never know how much overkill it might be.

So they got me thinking, and you put it quite well "150 Accubonds could be nasty" and certainly should be a very ethical kill on a deer. Quick and over and maybe a little less overkill 🤷‍♂️
No such thing as overkill hehe.. rather hit em hard than light and fast myself

Kasey

On a 7 rum I experimented with velocity loss was double from 22-21" vs 26-25 etc. that being said I built a 20" 7prc so far less than 50 rounds through I made it just over 2900 with 175 eldx. Gonna go up another half grain yet.

by the way, it's nice to land on a new forum thread where everybody participating seems to have common sense and respect for trying to learn from others. A long time ago, humans got smart by learning from other humans.

On a 7 rum I experimented with velocity loss was double from 22-21" vs 26-25 etc. that being said I built a 20" 7prc so far less than 50 rounds through I made it just over 2900 with 175 eldx. Gonna go up another half grain yet.
What powder and primers are you using? Brass and overall length? Sammi reamer or throated out more?

Read a lot that Barnes LRX are hard to get tuned so I have been putting off that task. I shot a ladder test with N560/Barnes 168 LRX/.050 seating off the lands using GM215m and CCI250 last week and saw some promising consistencies with CCI250's at 64.5/65gr (mid 2900' vel). The ladder test from 63-to 65gr you could cover with a quarter. The load at 64.5 was in the .2's, not bad for copper solid, I am thinking my Proof carbon 22' likes the Barnes.

Building new rifle and looking for starting data. I have GORDONS RELOADING and sorry to ask but it does not have 7prc data.

Here is spec

Peterson Brass
24 inch barrel
hornady 162 eld-m
Berger 168 VLD hunter

POWDER is Viht. N565 Got alot of it and works great in my other 6.5 prc and 300

Looking for the begining of 100% powder burn cause this powder is only dirty burning when running lean.

Starting / max presure if you can please Thanks guys
My Finished Load (My Load Not Your Load For Your Rifle. Start Low)
Defiance Anti Action
TriggerTech Diamond Trigger
MDT HNT26 Chassis
22" Proof CF
1-8 Twist
ADG Brass
Berger 180grain VLD Hunter
Velo - 3034
CCI 250 Primers
Retumbo - 71.5 grains

7 prc
Virgin ADG neck mandrel .282