7mm PRC starting load Please

Did some load development with N560 and 175 ELDX. Got the best SD ( right around 3fps) at the top which was around 66.2 grains. Out of a 22 " barrel suppressed, the velocity was right around 2840 FPS. Adjusted the seating depth to get the groups down around .5 MOA. Need to run it out to distance to see if the groups hold together.

A point of reference thats worked for me is to take the same load for a 7 rem mag and knock 2 grains out of it and work up. So if there is no data on the prc with your powder and bullet, but there is data for the rem mag with the powder an bullet. Pick a middle charge, knock out 2 grains and start there. It worked for me when there was virtually no data on the 7 prc out there.

I had good results in my 7 prc with both N565 and Retumbo using 180 Bergers. I settled at 2930 and sub- half MOA. I found CCI 250's provided more consistency than the Federal 210m's.

Building new rifle and looking for starting data. I have GORDONS RELOADING and sorry to ask but it does not have 7prc data.

Here is spec

Peterson Brass
24 inch barrel
hornady 162 eld-m
Berger 168 VLD hunter

POWDER is Viht. N565 Got alot of it and works great in my other 6.5 prc and 300

Looking for the begining of 100% powder burn cause this powder is only dirty burning when running lean.

Starting / max presure if you can please Thanks guys

Recent Posts