7mm PRC starting load Please

Building new rifle and looking for starting data. I have GORDONS RELOADING and sorry to ask but it does not have 7prc data.

Here is spec

Peterson Brass
24 inch barrel
hornady 162 eld-m
Berger 168 VLD hunter

POWDER is Viht. N565 Got alot of it and works great in my other 6.5 prc and 300

Looking for the begining of 100% powder burn cause this powder is only dirty burning when running lean.

Starting / max presure if you can please Thanks guys
168-gr Berger VLD Hunter:
N565
3.228 COAL
61.7 grains starting load
67.0 grains max load

I am fire forming peterson brass right now with mild loads and 168 bergers, but I plan to shoot 140 absolute hammers out of a seekins with a 26" barrel. I know I will need a faster powder with the absolutes. I am wondering if 565 will be fast enough.

I am fire forming peterson brass right now with mild loads and 168 bergers, but I plan to shoot 140 absolute hammers out of a seekins with a 26" barrel. I know I will need a faster powder with the absolutes. I am wondering if 565 will be fast enough.
Lol.. well I think even with 565.. you will be like 3200 or better pretty easy

I tried N565 with 171gr Barnes MB with 22" barrel and couldn't get out of the 2800's , but 'N560' and 'Grand' got me to mid 2900's and shot well. N560 likes CCI250 primer, didn't shoot well with LR primers.

I tried N565 with 171gr Barnes MB with 22" barrel and couldn't get out of the 2800's , but 'N560' and 'Grand' got me to mid 2900's and shot well. N560 likes CCI250 primer, didn't shoot well with LR primers.
Thanks for the feedback, my xbolt likes h1000 but the fps is only getting me 2809 avg and powder at 70.3. I was disheartened with the speed (24" 7mag will hit 3K and comfortably sub moa with RL22) as I started to get pressure at 70.6 so about as hot as I can get in this gun. Looking forward to trying the N560 and seeing how the barrel responds.

I am looking to get another 7PRC and the current leaders are the Bergara Carbon Crest or the MG Lite. Any other recommendations in the $2k to $3K spend range?

I have heard mixed reviews on Fierce and on Christensen Arms, considered about everything out there and want the gun sub 7.5lb (gun and bolt and empty mag weight) and prefer to be in the 6's before I add rings and scope and ammo. Also wanting next in a 22" barrel 5/8-24 to host the suppressor.

Hi, I just started loading my 7PRC. factory Weatherby Accumark rifle. Using 154 Grn Old Hornady Spire Point Bullets , I used 57.7 Grns of IMR4831for 2800FPS . With this light starting load I can zero the new NF scope and fire form the NEW HORN Cases, and get to learn the rifle. I will be saving my H1000 for the 180 and 190 Grn. Loads to come later. Good Luck to you Buddy!!!!

Hi, I just started loading my 7PRC. factory Weatherby Accumark rifle. Using 154 Grn Old Hornady Spire Point Bullets , I used 57.7 Grns of IMR4831for 2800FPS . With this light starting load I can zero the new NF scope and fire form the NEW HORN Cases, and get to learn the rifle. I will be saving my H1000 for the 180 and 190 Grn. Loads to come later. Good Luck to you Buddy!!!!
I like the 4831SC in those lighter weights as well. It is super easy to dial in and find it to be very consistent.

The next thing I'm loading just for the fun of it is Barnes TTSX 140s I'm gonna try some different powders. And the seven mag likes RL 19 and RL 22 in the 140 range. Gonna also try the 4831SC and see what happens with it. The seven mag has a 26 inch barrel so it gets full burn or close to it especially on the faster powder.

I like the 4831SC in those lighter weights as well. It is super easy to dial in and find it to be very consistent.

The next thing I'm loading just for the fun of it is Barnes TTSX 140s I'm gonna try some different powders. And the seven mag likes RL 19 and RL 22 in the 140 range. Gonna also try the 4831SC and see what happens with it. The seven mag has a 26 inch barrel so it gets full burn or close to it especially on the faster powder.
referring to the 7 mm PRC trying out 140s, and also 150 ABs which might end up being my deer load

I like the seekins, however it seems to be a 24 inch barrel from the website and I was pretty dead set on a 22 inch barrel.

It's may be my opinion only, but I felt like the 20 inches too short for the PRC and seven mag. My 26 inch with a 7 inch suppressor on the end of it hangs every stick, limb, tree stand arm, everything else that can make noise it hits walking through the woods. I was excited for the 20 inch but at the same time and all my reading from other forms gives me the impression the 22 inch is the minimum sweet spot length and 24 inch ( while optimal ) is still a little bit long when you add a suppressor on the end of it.

Any other thoughts on that?

Recent Posts