700 stainless dm thread protector

headhunter130

Anyone on here know where to get a 1/2-24 left hand thread protector for my 7mmstw? I called Remington, gave them my serial number, and Remington sent a 5/8" thread protector, right hand thread. Local gunsmith took the muzzlebrake off, I told him to no worry about damaging brake since I do not want it. Brake is off, but the barrel is threaded 1/2-24 left hand and Remington has nothing to fit my gun, made in 1997. Anyone know where to find a thread protector.

Anyone on here know where to get a 1/2-24 left hand thread protector for my 7mmstw? I called Remington, gave them my serial number, and Remington sent a 5/8" thread protector, right hand thread. Local gunsmith took the muzzlebrake off, I told him to no worry about damaging brake since I do not want it. Brake is off, but the barrel is threaded 1/2-24 left hand and Remington has nothing to fit my gun, made in 1997. Anyone know where to find a thread protector.
North West Precision has one. I bought the reamer for them to tap one of their brakes to replace the crappy factory brake on the rem custom. I'm guessing it's the same model you have.

Just get their slotted muzzle brake while you're at it and you'll be in love.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/22131191342...49&var=520190416845&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Great side discharge break, very good recoil reduction and tames muzzle flip very well but angled such that it isn't hard on the ears and will not get you blinded by sand blast or ice when shooting prone.

I have 8 of them on different rifles now.

First post here. been lurking for a bit. Is this the same model rifle you have? I've owned mine since 99 and haven't seen many like it.

Sorry for the crappy pic, it's the only one I have on my laptop.

image_zpsrsexsrj8.jpeg

hard to tell from the pic but I think so. Mine is actually shooting better without the brake. I rarely shot better than 2 to 3" groups with my 7mmstw at 200 yards with the muzzlebrake. Below is what I have been shooting consistently since I got rid of the brake.

The one hole low and right is a 175 grain nosler partition. The 3 shot group are 160 grain accubonds. I am for sure happy

I've only shot mine with the brake a few times when I first got it but now that I've got a place to do some long range target shooting I've been thinking about digging it out of the box. I'll see if it changes the accuracy next week.

It shot great with the muzzlebrake, I have killed a ton of deer with it (something over 100), longest shot ever was 375 yards, a couple times. I was wondering about recoil without the muzzlebrake but it is not bad at all. I shoot it one handed off the bench, no trouble at all.

Killed this one at 193 yards last week. dressed 165 lbs

Killed a doe that evening at 385 yards. My longest kill. the landowner, his farmhand and wife were standing beside me when I killed her. It was cool, shot the doe laying down on the deck beside his swimming pool, just used my bipod for a rest, pretty nice deer stand. didnt' take a pic of her.

I like the gun much better without the muzzlebrake.

One more for my stw, tinkered with my loads a little and a friend had a gun he wanted to shoot. We went to the private range I am a member of and shot my best ever at 200 yards. Several 1 inch 3 shot groups. Lot of good that did me, all I needed was my 870 with rifled slugs. Next morning, shot this guy at 20 yards. 160 grain partition.

Thank you. No where near my best season but better than most. I really love the 7mmstw for hunting. Great cartridge and awesome to shoot.

From this past weekend. Each one was 200 yards. Shot one from prone and one on one knee off shooting stick. slickheads for summer sausage.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.