7 SAUM bullet recommendations

I am fully aware of his passing. I do not know if it is an old post because someone else posted it, but I can't remember which thread it is now. The only one I know that says Shirley could not sustain it was on my thread that @Bghunter338 posted - https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/badlands-precision-llc-rip-george.363685/

ADDED: Found it, https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/badlands-and-their-web-store-is-ready-to-open.362810/
Sorry was just making sure as I did not want you or others waiting not knowing and just waiting thinking they were for sure going to be back up.

It would of course be fantastic if Shirley was able to keep it going.

Sorry was just making sure as I did not want you or others waiting not knowing and just waiting thinking they were for sure going to be back up.

It would of course be fantastic if Shirley was able to keep it going.
I appreciate that! I actually did not pay attention to the post date. Me too, I wish Shirley would continue the business, but I understand the challenge/burden of running business not having the same passion as George's.

Curious if you brought up the BC issue with Hammer and if so what they had to say.

I'd imagine they'd tell you BC is just a number and that speed kills. Or at least that's what shows up on multiple threads.

I used their BC value for the 267 HHT last year out of my 338 RUM and the value worked pretty well out to 800.

I haven't tried the 145 HHT out to distance yet but I'd be curious to see how they stack up.

175 elites are insanely accurate in my saum short action.
I've shot them out to 1480 yards and they print really tiny groups with them every time I shoot them.

175 elites are insanely accurate in my saum short action.
I've shot them out to 1480 yards and they print really tiny groups with them every time I shoot them.
That's what I was gonna go with but I can't find them in stock anywhere. Even ammoseek had nothing.

I didn't want to go with ELD-X's again but at least they are available and affordable.

What's your load please?
61.5 gr of RL26 , ADG brass , 175 elite 210m primer , 2940 fps.

This groups at 825 yards.
100yard groups are usually under 0.5".

Attachments

• 88EB3D15-8A85-4B80-AF37-0E5EA51CE6E8.jpeg
    88EB3D15-8A85-4B80-AF37-0E5EA51CE6E8.jpeg
    291.3 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
That's what I was gonna go with but I can't find them in stock anywhere. Even ammoseek had nothing.

I didn't want to go with ELD-X's again but at least they are available and affordable.
I have 8 boxes.
If you find out if I can ship them cross border I'll give up a box to you.
One box will at least let you know if they are worth using.

Also they are available here in Canada.

Here's my source. That have 29 in stock
We need to find out if a Canadian can bring bullets into the USA.
I have good friends that live close to Montana and are there pretty often.
As long as we can get them across the boarder we could them ship them to you once they are there in Montana.

Attachments

• 18055B40-ED97-452C-ACA7-C4BF54DF8340.png
    18055B40-ED97-452C-ACA7-C4BF54DF8340.png
    91.6 KB · Views: 25
I'm still running the 145gr Bulldozer until I run out of those. I've loaded some 151gr Cayuga bullets in my 28 Nosler and it really likes it. I'm hoping my SAUM will like them too when I run out of the Bulldozer.