7 prc

dukslayer4051

He guys, I'm new to the prc world and last yr I picked up a bugara 7mm prc and this yr got a seekins 7prc. I'm having issues with reloads getting stuck in the breach after firing. I have heard there is a clicker issue. I wasn't familiar with that nor have I ever had any of these problems with my other rounds that I load. Is there a way that this could be diagnosed if there is an issue with the gun or is there something else I can do to my reloads to get past it?

What brass are you using? It's a known issue with the clickers. It could also do what you describe if your chamber is a little tight.

How are you resizing your brass?

Did you fire factory ammo to get the brass, buy new, or buy once-fired?

Also, when you say "stuck in the breach", do you mean that you can rotate the bolt and it won't pull the brass? Or do you mean you have very hard bolt lift?

Search Alex Wheeler and rent one of his reamers,,,,magic and literally 10 minute job.
Don't even have to take gun apart.
PM if you need help

While the AW version of the 7PRC is helpful, it doesn't necessarily eliminate all clickers. My recently built rifle was chambered with a 7PRC-AW reamer. I am using Peterson brass and have a 26" Bartlein carbon barrel with 8" twist.
I'm running loads that were provided by Berger for their 180 HY-TGT bullet. Velocity is just at 3,000fps and I get "clickers". The brass extracts & ejects normally but I still get a click at the top of the bolt stroke.
If I run loads at 2,900fps, the clickers usually disappear.

The reamer worked like magic on my Christensen Mesa Long range.
Now I can run ADG or Petersen or Hornady brass no problem.
I think to rent the reamer cost me $80,,,,easy peasy and I'm no gunsmith

How are you resizing your brass?

Did you fire factory ammo to get the brass, buy new, or buy once-fired?

Also, when you say "stuck in the breach", do you mean that you can rotate the bolt and it won't pull the brass? Or do you mean you have very hard bolt lift?
I resize it like every other cartridge. Hornady resizing die with a hornady press. I have a hard bolt lift followed by stuck brass in the chamber. Have to pound out with a cleaning rod.

Hmm mm, that's opposite what I've been told. But this brass is really soft nun the less
The Hornady Brass is not as thick at the web as Peterson or other brass. The web area is where the problem is. Are you measuring your shoulder bump or just resizing per the instructions with the dies?