7 PRC

Forgive me father for I have sinned I ordered the parts.... is that the worst part or the fact I bought factory ammo? I don't know the last time I bought ammo. Having said that i'll be cruising the forum and looking for some load data so if anyone has any feel free to leave what you've found.
..well without the brass everything else is worthless...buy as much as you find and store it away, not a daily driver.

Forgive me father for I have sinned I ordered the parts.... is that the worst part or the fact I bought factory ammo? I don't know the last time I bought ammo. Having said that i'll be cruising the forum and looking for some load data so if anyone has any feel free to leave what you've found.

Don'feel bad.I bought some factory 7prc ammo to so now I have to ɓuild a riflThat's how my 300 ORC came about.

Here is the data that Hornady provided when we started building 7 PRCs. I have been using GM215M and Retumbo with great results.
20221215_085124.jpg

It seems like this cartridge uses the same powders that we already can't seem to find in large or plentiful supply. Brass is hard to find and ammo is really expensive when it can be found. Hornady brass is ok but not the highest quality. Speeds are close to older cartridges that have been around for a long time. It does appear to be an efficient powder burning cartridge with the ability to seat very long bullets. I must be missing something here unless it is Hornady's ability to sell new products with which there is limited supply of. I am anxious to see how everyone likes this cartridge compared to what we already have on the market.

It seems like this cartridge uses the same powders that we already can't seem to find in large or plentiful supply. Brass is hard to find and ammo is really expensive when it can be found. Hornady brass is ok but not the highest quality. Speeds are close to older cartridges that have been around for a long time. It does appear to be an efficient powder burning cartridge with the ability to seat very long bullets. I must be missing something here unless it is Hornady's ability to sell new products with which there is limited supply of. I am anxious to see how everyone likes this cartridge compared to what we already have on the market.
Curious to see how it all pans out myself. What isn't hard to find these days? Components for alternative cartridges that are similar to the 7 prc are about as non existent. Hornady knows how to sell which means that the aftermarket support will catch up faster than anything else. I'd be willing to bet we'll be seeing ADG brass more readily available than 7 SAUM brass in another year or so.

You are 100% correct. Hornady is a ma ster of Promotion and sellingredients.

Look at how many they have came out with in l ast 10 years.6.5 PRC, 300 PRC, 6mmARC, 7PRC...So what's next

Curious to see how it all pans out myself. What isn't hard to find these days? Components for alternative cartridges that are similar to the 7 prc are about as non existent. Hornady knows how to sell which means that the aftermarket support will catch up faster than anything else. I'd be willing to bet we'll be seeing ADG brass more readily available thADG 7SAUM

Curious to see how it all pans out myself. What isn't hard to find these days? Components for alternative cartridges that are similar to the 7 prc are aIvebout as non existent. Hornady knows how to sell which means that the aftermarket support will catch up faster than anything else. I'd be willing to bet we'll be seeg ADG brass more readily available than 7 SAUM brass in another year or so.