7-300 Norma Mag Improved

Awesome performance, fantastic deer for a great guy.
Must be pretty good Hunter also👍👏
Thank you Phil!!

Yep, shoot em to the ground!
Always!

I taped the buck out yesterday evening after finishing the euro mount. A little over 31" at the kickers and had a gross score of 188"

IMG_7067.jpeg

Have any more pics of the buck? I ran a sheet just from the one pic you put up and I came up with 173 Gross.

I couldn't see any G1's and yet you have 5 plus on the two.

As well the right main beam I guessed at 21 (I had them at 21 and 23).

And I had very little for H4's and you had about 7".

Always fun to guesstimate scores, tough to do though off one pic eh:)

Scores be darned, tis a nice buck, well done!

Have any more pics of the buck? I ran a sheet just from the one pic you put up and I came up with 173 Gross.

Yes sir! I guessed him at mid 170's on the hoof when I found him before season. And he was pretty much bigger everywhere. I'll get you some more pictures!

IMG_7085.jpeg

IMG_7081.jpeg

IMG_7084.jpeg

IMG_7086.jpeg

And this is him between two 170" bucks that I've killed.
IMG_7089.jpeg

IMG_7092.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks amigo, darn nice bucks! That first pic is much more telling than the field one.

IMO, these days unless one is hunting with a LE tag, or on private land finding a true 170 main frame is very tough!

Thanks amigo, darn nice bucks! That first pic is much more telling than the field one.

IMO, these days unless one is hunting with a LE tag, or on private land finding a true 170 main frame is very tough!
I intentionally don't do anything weird or outstretched with the field photos. That way people can see what a good buck actually looks like from a standard angle, and not stuffed into the camera or using a fisheye view haha.

You are absolutely right! And even then, it's very tough! I've seen very few 170"+ bucks in the field on public land. I've never had a "good" deer tag, so can't speak to the LE units. But on the general units, they are few and far between. I've been lucky enough to take 4 of them now in that 170+ range, and feel very appreciative each time!

Totally understand, wa't trying to imply you were doing anything funny. One of the nice things about your pics is that you don't long arm them or sit back 3 or 4 feet in an attempt to make them look bigger.

I take it you're using a self timer? If so, how do you set up your camera and tripod for that these days?

The score sheet is for the buck on post #75?

Or the first buck on your post #77?
Score sheet is for buck on post #77.

The buck in post #75 was 151". He had super weak main beams which really wreck his over all score. I spotted him at 400 yards and saw the back end and blacked out and killed hahaha. Magnum back end on him, just not a high scoring buck.

I use the 10 second self timer on the phone camera and just lay it on my tripod where it balances, or I pinch it with the panhead handle.

Now we're talking I just couldn't see the score sheet on your buck from this year. Communication the easiest and the toughest thing to do eh:)