6mm slr build

I tore this rifle apart and am re building with a bat TR action, another rock creek barrel, same trigger, same bottomed metal, for now same stock unless I can sell it already bedded for a rem 700 s/a

Attachments

• 20170804_181637.jpg
    20170804_181637.jpg
    999.4 KB · Views: 211
Screenshot_20170801-070253.png
Got my 6slr reamer and go gauge today in the mail, now just need the barrel to show up and we will be back in business with the new action. Have a box of coated dtacs sitting waiting for the last of the naked to be shot up. Need to pick up some new brass and get to sizing with the custom die made by Redding for Robert whitley at 6mmar.com

What a build! Awesome! But, I'm not familiar with a 6 SLR. What is it? And are you gonna get a muffler for it? Huh? Are ya? hehe. I do have one on my 6x47L and I have no complaints. BTW, I use H4350 with 105s and 108s in it and getting between 2950 and 3000, depending on temps and seating depths. I'm still working towards the ultimate load, but hey, it shoots better than I do now! Yours will be infrickin credible!

I won't have a muffler on it, just a brake to make it louder.

6slr is a 243 with the neck shoulder junction pushed down to 30 degree angle with longer neck is all.

I have had very good results with the 115 dtac and the 4831 sc and on the high end but accurate 3100 is easily doable.

That's a fine shaped case for a 6mm. I'm sure the folks at Remington wished they had done that originally. I don't have a 6 Creed, but boy is that a fine cartridge! I like these "little guys" what can get the job done efficiently and without all the boom and bellow. All the way to 1K and beyond!

Aaahhh, how sweet it is! And to have room on your work bench! I'm gonna cry....
So happy to see a fine NF (with zero stops!) on top! You will have MANY happy days shooting this rig!

Aaahhh, how sweet it is! And to have room on your work bench! I'm gonna cry....
So happy to see a fine NF (with zero stops!) on top! You will have MANY happy days shooting this rig!
There is usually a lot of shuffling to be done when some space is needed.

This scope has done very well, hoping I can have a load all figured out in the next week or so, then I can get out and run this and really enjoy the upgrade from the rem 700 factory action I was running

Just went back over the posts and saw a link to you target at 700yds. but could not open. Did see where the vertical was only 2"! WOW! Me thinks I should try some 4831. Oh, and if you have too many 105 AMAXs, I know a feller who would take them off yer hands.:rolleyes:

Calib/woodnut, I'm in the process of build, Bartlein 7.7 twist, finish at 26, question are you seeing better results with BAT vs. Remington. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.