6mm for AR

I have a 6.5 Grendel with a 17 design folding stock and 12" barrel. I bought a 24" padded monitor bag for it to fit into, this bag carry's several clips and other paraphernalia in one compartment and the gun in the other. I've killed them out to 150 yards with no problem with Hornady TSX ammo, which is getting hard to find.

I know it's not a popular round, but the 243 LBC, in place of the 6mm ARC. I have both, and a friend has 2 6mm arc's. I can , with 0 pressure signs load 2 grains more of the same powder in my 243 lbs as I can my 6mm ARC. Same brass, Lapua. My friend and I have both found that around 28 grains of the powder we use, is max in the ARC, where as I safely load 30.5 of the same powder, bullet, distance from lands, etc. In the 243 LBC. He has 2 different mfg's barrels so it's not an inherent problem to a certain barrel maker.....These are AR15's. rsbhunter

I know it's not a popular round, but the 243 LBC, in place of the 6mm ARC. I have both, and a friend has 2 6mm arc's. I can , with 0 pressure signs load 2 grains more of the same powder in my 243 lbs as I can my 6mm ARC. Same brass, Lapua. My friend and I have both found that around 28 grains of the powder we use, is max in the ARC, where as I safely load 30.5 of the same powder, bullet, distance from lands, etc. In the 243 LBC. He has 2 different mfg's barrels so it's not an inherent problem to a certain barrel maker.....These are AR15's. rsbhunter
Who sales dies for it and or have them in stock? I looked high and low, but was unable to find any dies instock for the 243 LBC.

I use a Lee 6ppc die set to form cases and resize neck , and a 6.5 grendel body die to size the case. If you want to spend the money, buy a 6.5 grendel sizing die with neck bushing. That would be a one shot form/ sizing die. Google 243 LBC barrel, there are custom bbl's available. If the ARC performed at the same level for me, I would get into the ARC. I am honestly ready to sell my ARC barrel and replace with another caliber on that upper....My friend and I also found out that on alot of the factory loads for the ARC, the cases were one and done....primers were flat, or pierced, and new primers fell out of the pockets when reloaded.....if I am going to spend $1-$1.50 A case, I want more than 1 or 2 reloads....I am shooting 243LBC cases that are on 5th reloading....rsbhunter

I have a Rock River Arms Predator Pursuit lower and would like to add a 6mm upper for hogs and coyotes. Used to be a simple choice between 6mm Rem and .243. Now with all the 6mm versions available I would like opinions on which would be the most accurate and lethal combination. Any preference as to barrel maker would be greatly appreciated.
There's only one question for me. Can a piggy tell the difference?

Just put a Mcgowen 6x45 barrel with a 1x7 twist on my Aero upper. I really like the 6x45 round and have used it for years on varmints, hogs and deer. Very accurate round and Mcgowen barrel are ouststanding. I also shoot an Aero ar10 in 6 creedmoor, but the 6x45 gets more action.
Not like old Henry Ford "any color as long as it's black"

I've been shooting a Whitely 6mmAR for a dozen years, it is basically identical to the recently introduced Hornady ARC. Used primarily for 300 yard Egg Shoots. Competes very well with the bolt rifles It is simply a necked down 6.5 Grendle running about 2800FPS with 107/108gr bullets. Exceptionally accurate with my Hart 8TW, 24" target barrel/Whitely upper. A couple 100 yard groups. After the first group, raised the POI for more precise sighting on the 1/8' red diamond.
990E222C-72C6-4507-A335-DB0BB0E37C4C.jpeg

I have three 40 degree turbo version of this and it works well on pigs and deer with the Berger 90 grain, the Nosler partition, and the Hornaday eld bullets. One is 28", one is 24" and one is 16". I don't use the 28". For hunting. The 24" is threaded and carry's a March scope and normally a suppressor. The 16" carry's a Pulsar xp30.

I have three 40 degree turbo version of this and it works well on pigs and deer with the Berger 90 grain, the Nosler partition, and the Hornaday eld bullets. One is 28", one is 24" and one is 16". I don't use the 28". For hunting. The 24" is threaded and carry's a March scope and normally a suppressor. The 16" carry's a Pulsar xp30.
Never guessed there were that many variations of 6mm