6.5 prc load problems

Jrin21

i have a .140 fb 6.5 prc on a tikka action. I ordered the ammo from copper creek and it wont chamber any ideas on this ?

buy a box of Hornady and check if that fits then check BTO length and neck diameter. if both wont chamber see gunsmith

just checked SAAMI print on accurate shooter the free bore should be .1879 your .140 might be the problem

Some marks on bullets more on brass
Ya, free bore sounds likely to be the issue. Not sure why the brass is marked but likely just extraction marks.
You probably had a smith with a reamer that would load to your magazine and bought ammo loaded for the saami print?

i have a .140 fb 6.5 prc on a tikka action. I ordered the ammo from copper creek and it wont chamber any ideas on this ?
SAAMI spec freebore is .188. Factory 147s run about .050 off. They are about a .010 jam on the .130 Freebore reamer and every one I have seen in a decent rifle shoots under .5moa. The 147 hammers game. I personally didn't have luck with any of the Copper Creek Creedmoor ammo I tried. If I were you I would try the factory 147s. I would guess CC is loading close to the lands of a .188 freebore chamber.

My .133 freebore chambers and shoots 147 match Hornady just fine. No reason a .140 should not be ok if copper is loading to Hornady coal

My .133 freebore chambers and shoots 147 match Hornady just fine. No reason a .140 should not be ok if copper is loading to Hornady coal
Read my post. SAAMI spec is .188. I'll bet CC is loading closer to the lands. You could call them.

043B0086-2564-4484-B33A-3BD57FFBFB71.jpeg
Copper lists 2.945 coal for all their loads just like this Hornady 147

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.