6.5 creedmore loads

@ Old Rooster,. I have, the same rifle and, LOVE, it !
I'm using StaBall 65 Powder ( near Max, thrown, chg's ) with, 130 gr Horn, ELD-M's at 2,800+ FPS, in My Braked, Tikka Rifle.
Practically, NO recoil ! 5 shot Group's from, the low 3's to 1/2 MOA

Thanks guys. I need to order some 130 gr ELD-M bullets but have 120 gr ELD-M as well as 140 ELD-M.
I have Superformance to try soon as well.
I will look at the 130 gr CX also.
Edit to add:I also have Staball 6.5 and will load some real soon.
The rest of my things ordered will be here Friday 27th.

Last edited:
Fyi H4350 was the original powder Hornady used and they put the load data on the box as was Dennis DeMilles request. I think it was 41.5 or 42 grains. They have since moved to a non cannister powder but that load is the gold standard with a 140 eldm.

@ Old Rooster,. I have, the same rifle and, LOVE, it !
I'm using StaBall 65 Powder ( near Max, thrown, chg's ) with, 130 gr Horn, ELD-M's at 2,800+ FPS, in My Braked, Tikka Rifle.
Practically, NO recoil ! 5 shot Group's from, the low 3's to 1/2 MO

Rooster, you Might look around For some Newly minted, 6.5 Creed,. LAPUA Brass, for $114. per Hundred.
Can't remember WHO, I bought mine from, tho !,.. Sorry !
Peterson Brass works Fine also,. Just use, a Half a grain,. LESS !
I'm going hunting for Lapua primers right now my friend!
Thanks for the heads up.

Rooster, you Might look around For some Newly minted, 6.5 Creed,. LAPUA Brass, for $114. per Hundred.
Can't remember WHO, I bought mine from, tho !,.. Sorry !
Peterson Brass works Fine also,. Just use, a Half a grain,. LESS !
I ended up buying Lapua SRP brass at Brownells.Whidden had it cheaper but I wanted to try SRP small flash hole brass.
Already have a bunch of 6.5 Creedmoor brass with large primer pocket but heard the SRP brass did well also.
Now I will have both.
Thanks Idaho Lefty

Rooster, Lapua 6.5 CM SRP brass has been the cats meow for me. I have 14x times fired on mine with life still in it. Load might seem a bit warm, but shoots lights out. It's right at Berger's published max for 140 Elite Hunters. Rifle has a 24" Shilen 4 groove ratchet rifled barrel.

Lapua SRP brass
42.3 Gr. H4350
GM205m primer
140 Berger VLD
.010 off lands
2772 FPS

Recent Posts