50bmg

ARlife4me

if i "pull the trigger" on the cartridge, what would be the best factory build or the best custom build (parts needed) for this monster? or would going chy-tec in 408 or 375 or something else give me better range. note: largest long-range cartridge i have is 338lm. semi-auto would be nice, but ba's might be the way too go?

I'd lean towards the 375 CT if you're serious about long range shooting. The 50 BMG is a lot of fun, but not a great option for serious target work. The rifles are big and heavy, and you can get better performance without all the blast and recoil. But if you want a 50, get the 50!

A 375 CT, 408 CT or 416 Barrett are better ELR options than a 50. I skipped that and went straight to the 50 this year. A Cadex would be the easy button over a custom. A Desert Tech is good, an AI is great. I got a Barrett 99 and it is very impressive; I also bought a Noreen but it's not as accurate as I want. All of these big cartridges are expensive to shoot but tons of fun. A 50 can be awesome at ELR but you need to make some great loads for it to be competitive.

A while back, I had the same dilemma and after lots of back and forth, I decided to go big or go home and picked up my M95. I love shooting it and there is something exciting about every single shot. And she might be a big old heavy pig of a rifle but she still gets plenty of looks.

BTW, anyone on here who has shot both, is the M99 a noticeable improvement?

I have an East Ridge Gun Co Rebel in 50 BMG and I'm pleased with it. 50 is expensive to shoot and load, can't imagine what the CT's cost.

The 50 bmg primers are the huge turn off for me. I would shoot a 33 XC over most anything. But if I was to shoot something that needed the bmg primer I would shoot a 416 Barrett

A while back, I had the same dilemma and after lots of back and forth, I decided to go big or go home and picked up my M95. I love shooting it and there is something exciting about every single shot. And she might be a big old heavy pig of a rifle but she still gets plenty of looks.

BTW, anyone on here who has shot both, is the M99 a noticeable improvement?
If you are ever around central ky I have a 99 you are welcome to shoot and try. I can't tell you anything about a 95. I've never been a round one personally