50bmg

ARlife4me

if i "pull the trigger" on the cartridge, what would be the best factory build or the best custom build (parts needed) for this monster? or would going chy-tec in 408 or 375 or something else give me better range. note: largest long-range cartridge i have is 338lm. semi-auto would be nice, but ba's might be the way too go?

I'd lean towards the 375 CT if you're serious about long range shooting. The 50 BMG is a lot of fun, but not a great option for serious target work. The rifles are big and heavy, and you can get better performance without all the blast and recoil. But if you want a 50, get the 50!

A 375 CT, 408 CT or 416 Barrett are better ELR options than a 50. I skipped that and went straight to the 50 this year. A Cadex would be the easy button over a custom. A Desert Tech is good, an AI is great. I got a Barrett 99 and it is very impressive; I also bought a Noreen but it's not as accurate as I want. All of these big cartridges are expensive to shoot but tons of fun. A 50 can be awesome at ELR but you need to make some great loads for it to be competitive.