44 Mag hunting bullet

Which projectile would you choose for hunting big game in the lower 48 inside 100 yards?

• 205gr Jack Hammer

Votes: 8 10.1%
  • 200gr Lehigh Raptor

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • 300gr + WFNGC

Votes: 33 41.8%
  • Other

Votes: 33 41.8%

• Total voters
Yea, just checked it.
Maybe I need to heat the lube off and powder coat…

If you do try powder coated bullets……likely, you'll never go back.

A lot more shooting before mandatory cleaning, the coated bullets do not pick up lint/dirt ect. like lubed bullets, you can shoot them to pretty high velocities with no fear of leading., and I'm getting pretty darn good accuracy as well.

Running 430's in my Guide Gun to 1800 mv with accuracy 1"+/-, a nd 400's in my S&W460 XVR to over 1500 with some 4 shot (I have one chamber which throws shots) well under 2" while using a Burris Fastfire 3 moa sight. Both are gas checked!

Been casting since the early '70's, and got into powder coating about 6 or so years ago. While I don't cast or shoot as much as I used to….. I have no plans of going back to conventional lubes. memtb

Last edited:
Picked up a killer chest holster from a local buddy for my trip to AK! Got a couple loads dialed the past week and took the advice about running a few cylinders of jacketed bullets through to clean the leading. Worked like magic! Thanks 🙏

Attachments

• IMG_4276.jpeg
    IMG_4276.jpeg
    463.1 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Picked up a killer chest holster from a local buddy for my trip to AK! Got a couple loads dialed the past week and took the advice about running a few cylinders of jacketed bullets through to clean the leading. Worked like magic! Thanks 🙏
Nice rig for AK We just came back from an eight-week road trip up North, a few years ago we did six weeks on Dalton HWY up and over Adigan Pass Alaska, and over... this year it was the Dempster HWY to the Arctic Ocean by way of B.C Canada, Whitter Alaska, Yukon, Northwest Territory to Tuktoyaktuk, Canada, and the Arctic Ocean. The bottom line, we saw a lot of Bears on both trips we made. It gave me a warm feeling to have my Ithaca M37 rifled slug-gun with 12ga 3" Brenneke Black Magic Magnum when we were out of the rig in the bush fishing, and so on. A couple of those guys came out of nowhere it seemed like, next thing we knew we were sharing a trail with a floor rug. However, it turned out fine they just treated us like the tourists we were and went on with their business, whatever Bears do.
Good Luck Cheers.

Attachments

• Arctic 20.jpg
    Arctic 20.jpg
    326 KB · Views: 12
  • Arctic 19.jpg
    Arctic 19.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 13
  • M37 Ithaca 12g rifled barrel LAPD.png
    M37 Ithaca 12g rifled barrel LAPD.png
    4.6 MB · Views: 11