375 H&h

Bearman375

Hello, just bought a Remington AWR in 375 H&h. I've got 2 custom 375 ultra mags but pretty heavy. This AWR is light.
I was wondering what bullet u guys like? I'm going 250 grain and up. Be hunting in some very grizzly thick area for a huge black bear this fall.
I've got 260 accubonds, 270 hornady, 250 sierras and 260 balistic tips. What ever I use seems like 2,800 is about it. Opinions plz.

I have had really good luck with Ramshot Big Game powder in my Winchester M70 24" barrel 375 H&H.

Great velocity and great accuracy with most every 270 grain and 300 grain bullets I have tried.

Easily getting +2,800 FPS with 270 grain Barnes TTSX & LRX.

Give it a try!

If it's a 300yd or less shot I'd be looking at the 260 Partition.

If it's farther than that I'd go with the 260 AccuBond.

Varget is a good choice but you'll find that 375H&H isn't usually picky about powders or really too much in the way of other loading components. It's really a cartridge that shares the title of being an inherently accurate cartridge with some other cartridges.

Just pick a medium burning powder that's very temperature insensitive in case your shot is somewhat long and you will have to be calculating drop.

Both of my 375's really like the Barnes 300's. I wouldn't use them if I thought I was going past about 250, but inside of that they are awesome.

270 TTSX has been an incredible round for me. 1/2" groups and used it on everything from Buffalo to Brown Bear to any Plainsgame animal.

In load development, it shot 1/2" to 3/4" no matter how much powder I put in it. Never seen that with a round. I believe I settled on 74 gr RL 19.

It's my "go-to".

In my 375 H&H sps dg lightweight I'm running a 300 tsx with I 4320 or a 285 GS with either I 4320 or rl15. If I had to do it over I'd have run both bullets up with Vit540 and called it. You'll get a bit more speed with 540 and the accuracy is usually stellar. I have a keg of 4320 though, so it'll be a spell until I do any load development.
As to the 270 tsx, my rifle didn't really like the few I shoved through it, but the 270 Speer shot really well.. Go figure.

bear man I wish you luck snd once your successful make sure we get photos and hunt story. Did you see it this spring or just lately ? Reason I ask is the difference in where they are in spring and fall
Spotted in the spring. I had him dead to rights. I had just got back from Alberta and arrowed 2 monsters. This guy made both look small. I already lost 18lbs in preparation for the hunt. I've got 3 or 4 huge drainages that run alongside where I saw him. If I don't get him this fall? Then next spring will be a full bore assault.

The best bullet for deer/bear/moose for me have been 260g Accubonds. The other has been the 250gTTSX, but expansion was limited, much better at Weatherby velocities.
Powders best for my Talkeetna are H4350 and 760. RE15 works but mimics Varget velocities.
For bear, I wouldn't hesitate using the 260g Accubond as it takes Water Buff easily.

Cheers.