308 enough for brown/polar bear?

I have no problems at all killing bears but wounding a bear as a detterent is not just stupid it is also cruel. On top of the pain inflicted long term to the animal there is a very good chance it will do harm to the next human it encounters, especially if the wounds have compromised its ability to eat. Kill the bear or scare it off with pepper spray or noise, wounding it is just asinine.
We can agree to disagree. Have a great day.

No we can't. Some things are just wrong, and just wounding an animal on purpose is one of those things, plain and simple.
Go hug a tree. I will do whatever it takes to save my life. I am not one to depend on a can of pepper. And, the deterrence was better than killing. Now, I am done with you and this conversation.

Go hug a tree. I will do whatever it takes to save my life. I am not one to depend on a can of pepper. And, the deterrence was better than killing. Now, I am done with you and this conversation.
Killing would have been much better. "peppering" a bear would not discourage an active attack. All you did is make the area more dangerous for everyone else who now has to deal with a wounded bear.

Take your ball and go home.

IBTL!
deer-eats-popcorn_64.gif