300 WM Bullet Recommendations?

Brydawg512

As stated, looking for bullet recommendations for my 300 WM. I'm just about to start into my reloading journey, and need to buy some bullets to load. I'm looking for a bullet with good performance on game (black bear, muley and elk) out to 600 yards and shooting steel as far as I can achieve.

Also what bullet weight would you all recommend? Heavier than the 180s?

As stated, looking for bullet recommendations for my 300 WM. I'm just about to start into my reloading journey, and need to buy some bullets to load. I'm looking for a bullet with good performance on game (black bear, muley and elk) out to 600 yards and shooting steel as far as I can achieve.

do you know the twist of the barrel

For game hunting 600 and under I would look no further than the 200 accubond

I am working on loads with a 300 weatherby using Barnes 168gr TTSX. So far they are promising. Since 600yrds is the goal, the BC won't play as much of a role.

I really like the 165 accubond I shoot it with h4350. The ballistic tips shoot exactly the same so I practice with those the are more economical. They run close to or at 3200' sec. best wishes

A new bullet of been playing with is the 165 Sierra gamechanger it shows a ton of promise in the accuracy dept and has a higher bc if that's important to you.

963968DE-0D60-41B4-B488-92046711C75A.jpeg

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.