$300 scale advice

With regards to cartridges that accept smaller maximum powder charges, such as the .223Rem, the +/- percent of weighed powder becomes more critical as compared to much larger powder charges for larger cases, and thus there is value in a scale that will truly do very close to +/- .01grains.

And so it get it, or rather I'm about to get it - "it" being an FX-120i that I just ordered from CE :)

With regards to cartridges that accept smaller maximum powder charges, such as the .223Rem, the +/- percent of weighed powder becomes more critical as compared to much larger powder charges for larger cases, and thus there is value in a scale that will truly do very close to +/- .01grains.

And so it get it, or rather I'm about to get it - "it" being an FX-120i that I just ordered from CE :)
I believe you will be impressed. Beyond the sensitivity and speed of reading singular grains of powder, I was impressed with the packaging. They put a great deal of work and care in protecting their product from damage during shipping. There are some helpful tips in setting it up, if you use the search feature here.

It probably has some type of programming to minimize it or so you can't see it. It's fairly inherent to the type of scale. I know the cheaper ones have programming to keep it reading zero. So if the pan is on and zeroed it may very well be drifting but the programming hides it by keeping the reading at zero.
I mean I don't see any drift on a check weight measurement outside the tolerance.

It probably has some type of programming to minimize it or so you can't see it. It's fairly inherent to the type of scale. I know the cheaper ones have programming to keep it reading zero. So if the pan is on and zeroed it may very well be drifting but the programming hides it by keeping the reading at zero.
Hmmm........

Sounds like a great scale.

Yeah, hence the regular check with a known weight.

*** is a smart watch ? lol
image.jpg