300 blackout deer hunting

If you wanna stay subsonic I would give Makers subsonic bullets a try before the subx. Accuracy with the subx has always been great but the expansion doesn't even start to compare to the Makers line. If staying subsonic isn't a requirement then I'd go with the barnes 110g supersonic.

I got this one 10 days ago with a Maker 200gr subsonic. They do way more damage than the 190 sub x.
IMG_4983.jpeg
IMG_4986.jpeg

I have hand loaded Sierra 125s. They are super sonic of course and they make a mess. The deer we have killed at 80 to 100 yards look like a 308 or 30 06 hit them wound channel wise.
Now we hope to try some subsonic this year. Where do you get the makers bullets? Ammunition or handloaded?

I have hand loaded Sierra 125s. They are super sonic of course and they make a mess. The deer we have killed at 80 to 100 yards look like a 308 or 30 06 hit them wound channel wise.
Now we hope to try some subsonic this year. Where do you get the makers bullets? Ammunition or handloaded?
Makerbullets.com
Good selections

The subX reports seem a little hit or miss, but I'd be fine trying them out.

I'm planning on using 200 gr Makers. They have an excellent reputation for subsonic hunting.
Heard good things on performance from the Lehie (sp) they are laser cut (4) petal supposedly with excellent reputation of high weight retention and reliable open at subsonic speeds

I've taken more deer than I care to count with a 300BLK out. IF Super 110 Barnes TAC TX, for subsonic the 190 Sub X is not a bad choice. Accuracy is better than the Makers, BUT like others have said here the Makers definitely do more damage on impact. Limit shots to under 100yds, and make a good shot and you'll be just fine. We killed at least 20 does one year from 25-100yds with both bullets and never lost a deer. All 1 shot kills.