30-06 powder choice for heavy bullets

My Browning 270 A bolt, like the 210 with R#22(PMC brass proved the most accurate), is also the exception to the rule I found. 7 Mag, 280 and AI, 300 Win mag all loved hotter Mag primers with 22 in my barrels, while 7828 in the 7 Mag, 280, and AI loved the 210. In the 280 and AI, R#22 and 7828 have very close burning rates with some loads being interchangeable, but they demand different primers for those bug hole groups.

General Rules of Thumb, are just basic guidelines.
7828 is one I never hear much about. Have you had much experience with that or just rl22?

Been shooting it for 20+ years, it was invented for the 7 Rem mag, but I have used it in the 270 Win, 280, AI, and 7 STW. 7828 maybe hard to find, and I do not claim it is the best, just another tool in the tool chest. Seems that the N500 series is taking over due to availabilty and price.
7828 is a real "sleeper" in the .270 Winchester. I've had good results with it compressed under boring old 150 interlocks.

Same with RL25.

For whatever reason there's very little load data out there for the 270 wcf and powders slower than h4831 or rl22. Which is too bad. It's not just that it can be done, it's that sometimes it's just plain awesome.

Nowhere near as temp sensitive as rl22 that's for darn sure. I've had issues with rl22 living in Saskatchewan where you'll find some of the most extreme differences in temperature between seasons anywhere. Never had a problem with 7828.
That was my concern with rl22. Where I live it can be 0 degrees in winter and almost 100 in the summer.

That was my concern with rl22. Where I live it can be 0 degrees in winter and almost 100 in the summer.
Yep when I was new to reloading I worked up a max load with rl22 in January and seized my bolt right up in June.

Without taking into account windchill or humidex factors the hottest I have seen here is 40 celcius (104 F) and the coldest I've seen is -54 celcius (-65 F). Of course, sane people aren't generally out shooting in those extremes but still….

For cold in the extremes with a 270, my family shoots these loads
cci 250s in all loads

130g-60-61g of H4831
140g-58g
150g-56g

Seems as if a barrel will speak loud and clear which bullet weight it really likes, fickle as they are.
So far my rifle seems to really like 150gr bullets but I'm determined to get it to shoot heavies. 200 eldx bullets are showing some promise

H4831SC=extremely temp stable

RL22 & RL25=VERY temp sensitive. Great speeds but I won't use them in AZ. I used to have two loads with RL22 in my .25-06AI. I would mark my primers with either red or blue sharpie. Red for summer loads, blue for winter loads. I think they were almost 1gr difference in charge weight. Shoot a winter load in the summer, and lock up a bolt and blow a primer.

RL22 & RL25=VERY temp sensitive. Great speeds but I won't use them in AZ. I used to have two loads with RL22 in my .25-06AI. I would mark my primers with either red or blue sharpie. Red for summer loads, blue for winter loads. I think they were almost 1gr difference in charge weight. Shoot a winter load in the summer, and lock up a bolt and blow a primer.
Very smart.

In that case maybe I'll have to do more research into h4831sc, not a lot of load data for it in the 30-06