257 weatherby

200 yds or less, slow down those 120's to 2900 or so and you'll be just fine if a critter steps out at close range.

257 Wby is one of my all time favs, I love the 100 Horn sp at around 3500 for all comers. No problemo from elk on down near or far.

The 80 TTSX would be awesome as would the 90 Hammer if you could wrap your head around mono's

Have seen to much mono bullet faild to open or change trajectory after hitting game that why. And the fact that they always exit often translate into less énergie dump in the animal.

But that like Ford vs chevrolet dilema at one point. You git to stick with what you like.
The energy dump nonsense is a myth. By the time the bullet travels through the animal it's expended most if not all of its tissue crushing energy.

That said in a fast rig you will want a stout bonded bullet or a screaming fast mono.

I use Accubonds and Barnes in my 257 Wby.

I use 145 Black Hole in my .257 WBY.

Black Hole 145 1 of 2.jpg

Black Hole Bullet 145 in mag .020 off the lands.jpg

I was running the 100 grain Barnes and now switched to the Hammer 92grain hunter.Farthest shot was 650 and she just stumbled and tipped over with the Barnes.Had some mixed results with Barnes.So far the Hammers have 3 kills-1 at 100yards and 2 between 400 and 450 and great results so far.7828 has been great.Current load is pushing them at 3850 if memory serves me right and still room for more.
Fun cartridge for sure

I was running the 100 grain Barnes and now switched to the Hammer 92grain hunter.Farthest shot was 650 and she just stumbled and tipped over with the Barnes.Had some mixed results with Barnes.So far the Hammers have 3 kills-1 at 100yards and 2 between 400 and 450 and great results so far.7828 has been great.Current load is pushing them at 3850 if memory serves me right and still room for more.
Fun cartridge for sure
Might look if I can find hammer bullet up here... never see them around but Ihave never look for them

Like I said in #2.

Why complicate it unnecessarily?
Will look what I can have. I dont what to complicate stuff, many are saying speer btsp are to soft but I'am having great result with my speerin 150gr for the 308win and 160gr in 7mm mag.

It just that I never had a rifle that fast so im in new grass. But im always going fir lung/heart area so just about any bullet should do from point blank to 300yrds as my hunting line give me.

Will look what I can have. I dont what to complicate stuff, many are saying speer btsp are to soft but I'am having great result with my speerin 150gr for the 308win and 160gr in 7mm mag.

It just that I never had a rifle that fast so im in new grass. But im always going fir lung/heart area so just about any bullet should do from point blank to 300yrds as my hunting line give me.
This!

Recent Posts