25 CM AR10?

Hoss50

Has anyone here built 1? I am contemplating what to build with an AR10 lower. I am a quarter bore fan, so a 25CM seems like an interesting option.

Do you like your build, are there better options?

My other thought for the build is 180* the other direction and to build a 12" 308 pistol! 🤣

talk with a barrel maker as for a best gas port size AND location is very important! +2 or 3 isn't necessary if port is sized proper! on some of the smaller bores they go +3 (might be a good suggestion). go with a 1/2 to a 1 full twist faster than minimum in an ar as velocities can be slower than with ba's. also, make sure you get a mag that works with the lower (reference: aero lowers don't work with acs mags due to bolt issues). the acs mags are lower cost and give a 2.860-2.870" cartridge length. on the higher end larue gives the same lengths, but cost is near $100/per. from custom makers i bought from do the gas port for adjustables in the .095-1.00" range. you can get a port reamed to what you want? i have a 243win rifle length gas that overgassed along with several other 6.5creeds. the only 2 creeds that run w/o adjustable blocks came from aero precision.

hey @Zen Archery, where in Texas are you? i have lots of traveling to do in most of the state for equipment replacement from the fire back in march. might be next year on the traveling before i get the money from the people responsible of the starting of it?

I'm a 1/4 bore fan. I had ER Shaw make me a 257 roberts AI for a rifle. ARlife4me stated that the max magazine COL was @2.860-2.870" According to Hodgdon reloading my max length for the rob AI is 2.885. No problem on making less COL when they make the chamber with less freebore.

The Rob AI holds about 12 more grains of powder that the 25 CM. The parent case of the 257 roberts is the 7 mm Mauser. You can buy 7mm Mausers for reletivley cheap and run them through the resizer which I do. The gain in powder adds like 300+ fps on any gr. .257 pill.

Just another option which would be the easiest is a 25-08. Use the 308 BCG. All 308 mag pul mags would work because you are using a ar10 lower. No problem with COL and the ability to put in slightly over 50 gr. of powder.

High powdered 1/4 bores just take out my local mule deer

Recent Posts