224 Clarck/22-6mm Acley bullets.

The hornadys that I have used are the 80 ELD and they don't always make it to the target at 3400, I am at 3700 with a little room to go. I havent tried the 85 Noslers, 75 Bergers or 64 Hammers. That gives me more than enough options with respect to bullets. The Hammers look very interesting.
Im having good luck with the 64 hammers. Running them at 3800 in 223 wssm and 220 ai! They kill like a bigger bullet! Also running them in a 22/284 at 4025. They all shoot under 1/2 at 100 yds. Very easy bullet to tune!

I have a stock Model 70 also, just haven't ever shot it. Needs a good scope and some range time!!! Your interest has me pondering, thanks
U welcome! I never had any luck with the factory barrels. Had about 10 different ones. Seems they shot good for about 50 rds then was junk. You will need a 9 twist or faster for the 64gr hammer. The. Factory barrels are 10 twist.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts