22 Creedmoor Powders

Don't forget about using 22-250AI data that you find. Especially for lighter bullets. The only real difference is Ackley 40deg shoulder and 30deg on the Creed. They're so close I've used 22Creemoor brass in my last 22-250ai. I've had great luck with 3031 and 8208(40gr bullets in 1:14t barrel).

Attachments

• IMG_1729.jpeg
    IMG_1729.jpeg
    471.2 KB · Views: 23
Anyone have any knowledge about any powders other that the go to H4350 and Reloader "XX" powders? The Reloader powders seem all but non-existent, and expensive when available. I ran some Parametric powder searches in Gordon's Reloading Tool and several come up at or near the top of the lists with several different bullet weights. I'm only looking at the heavier bullet weights, 70gr to 90gr. So, I'm curious if someone has had any experience using some of these? I don't hear these mentioned much, so maybe they just aren't worth the try... but the powders I am seeing over and over are Vihtavuori N550 & N555, Ramshot Hunter, Big Game & Magnum, Hodgdon LeverEvolution and Winchester 760. Now I have not started loading for the 22 Creedmoor because my barrel has not arrived yet. I'm just gathering powders and bullets at this point. I have dies, brass and primers. And I'm trying work up some ladders on paper for when I can start. If anyone has tried any of these powders with the 22 Creed, I would value your opinion as to their viability with this cartridge.
MRP was by far the best for me. Won't find that on a site anywhere for data. But good luck finding MRP. StaBall 6.5 gave great speed and pretty good accuracy.

I think Hornadys data is questionable from all powders I tested I find some of it hard to believe. I was hoping for speeds like that from 6.5 Staball but pressured out. I didn't try RL26 cause only got 2lbs didn't want to waste it. Staball Match was very close to Varget but hit pressure. Best speed I seen was H4350 an Varget. I didn't have Vhitavouri at the time. But from what I've seen of it in my PRC 560,565 an 570 would probably do well probably even 555. I wanted around 3500 so I'm settled on this load. I tried everything with LRP also an averaged about 20-30 fps more. Hit pressure with this loading so just stayed with the 450s they've done me well an I have 4,000 of them lol

Grand seemed pretty spicy in my PRC so would probably work it's super fine powder but dang it's cheap....why you bring that up now I'm curious lol
I bring it up because Hodgdons data show it bing the fastest powder without compressed loads with the lowest chamber pressure. Yes pixie dust for the 22 creed with heavies. I have not tried it yet that is why I ask. What do you mean by spicy in your PRC? Did you hit preasures unexpectedly with little warning? or That is the other cartridge I would like to try it for. Thanks

Grand seemed pretty spicy in my PRC so would probably work it's super fine powder but dang it's cheap....why you bring that up now I'm curious lol
Grand is not listed among the Powder in Gordan's. The Powder selections have not been updated to include it, and I don't know how to go about it. So, I can't run any numbers on it. From what I have read it should work.

I bring it up because Hodgdons data show it bing the fastest powder without compressed loads with the lowest chamber pressure. Yes pixie dust for the 22 creed with heavies. I have not tried it yet that is why I ask. What do you mean by spicy in your PRC? Did you hit preasures unexpectedly with little warning? or That is the other cartridge I would like to try it for. Thanks
Grand is about same burn rate as Ramshot Magnum I think it just has the stuff in it for less copper fouling. My 7 prc has been finicky to say the least an I didn't get close to book max before I hit pressure with Grand. Happened with a few powders. Ended up settling with H1000 in the PRC. I've had the clicker issue even with what should be the fix I still can't run hot at all. Bolt lift will be fine, primers look fine. Case doesn't want to eject. Didn't realize till after that was common problem with 7 an 300.