2022 AZ ELK Draw

I'm an Arizona resident. I've had my card hit in previous years as late as a week after some of my friends. With every passing days the odds go down. Quite a few family and friends having their CC hit for antelope or elk today.

You probably wouldn't want to share how many bonus points your family and friends had to draw AZ elk and antelope????😜

6A late rifle bull if anyone is willing to share Intel 😂
First of all, thanks all for responding. I live in Wyo and AZ. I usually have several people call me from ID, Mont. and Wyo. asking about ( Intel ).
I drew 23 late Elk last year. Spent over 30 days scouting. It was very unproductive with the exception the week before then season. If I was coming from out of state, getting there five days early would be the best use of time.
There are some deep canyons north of Strawberry that many people think it is to difficult to hunt. I am amazed when I see whole Bulls in the back of trucks. Hunters I know in ID, Wyo and Montana are more used Quartering or boning out the meat. Look for rough terrain. You will find that elk will be every where. Have fun.

First of all, thanks all for responding. I live in Wyo and AZ. I usually have several people call me from ID, Mont. and Wyo. asking about ( Intel ).
I drew 23 late Elk last year. Spent over 30 days scouting. It was very unproductive with the exception the week before then season. If I was coming from out of state, getting there five days early would be the best use of time.
There are some deep canyons north of Strawberry that many people think it is to difficult to hunt. I am amazed when I see whole Bulls in the back of trucks. Hunters I know in ID, Wyo and Montana are more used Quartering or boning out the meat. Look for rough terrain. You will find that elk will be every where. Have fun.
This is exactly what I was trying to explain in another forum I commented on of my thoughts and where I was going to start. Fossil springs wilderness on the map IMO was going to give me the best option to distance myself from people and give a better chance at a bigger bull. I was going to arrive a few days early and put boots on the ground. With that said a lot of guys said it was "too rough" and they would focus on else where. My experience in rough rugged country tells me just the opposite. Either way I'm looking forward to it.

I know one year I had all but given up, I quit checking my portal, quit calling the number, then a couple days later I got a charge on my card. There's a chance, not a good one if you didn't wake that morning with a charge pending on your account but there's a chance nonetheless.

This is exactly what I was trying to explain in another forum I commented on of my thoughts and where I was going to start. Fossil springs wilderness on the map IMO was going to give me the best option to distance myself from people and give a better chance at a bigger bull. I was going to arrive a few days early and put boots on the ground. With that said a lot of guys said it was "too rough" and they would focus on else where. My experience in rough rugged country tells me just the opposite. Either way I'm looking forward to it.
Some very serious elk outfitters think that there are currently some huge bulls in 6A. It does not have that reputation. This year may change that, bulls in fantastic condition.

Some very serious elk outfitters think that there are currently some huge bulls in 6A. It does not have that reputation. This year may change that, bulls in fantastic condition.
Are they thinking it's going to be a good year for antler growth? They could've been giants this last fall and lose 30"+ this year if it's a dry spring and summer with little nutrients. Then they could be mostly broken off come October. It's such a gamble year after year in AZ.