2017 LRH Shooting Class With Non-Typical Outfitters

Having helped with and attended several LR shooting schools, I can say without reservation that the LRH Shooting Class with Non-Typical Outfitters is without a doubt the best LR shooting/hunting class I have seen, as it deals with about every conceivable shooting position you would find yourself in when hunting in the mountains.
They also cover a good number of shooting positions that you would find anywhere. Robb Wiley and crew did a fantastic job.
If you want to be a better hunter/shooter in the mountains or shooting in terrain go to Robb's class!
Let me suggest, that you will not be shooting prone the majority of the time.
Folks, this is the real deal!

Just attended the LRH group shooting class with Non-Typical Outfitters and let me say WOW!! This class is the real deal. If you want to learn how to become a better shooter and ultimately a better hunter with the ability to get off a quick and very accurate shot in the mountains, then this class is for you. Robb Wiley and his quides along with Len and Andy put on one outstanding class in which you will learn a tremendous amount of information on not only how to shoot from a variety of positions, but how to use the terrain to your advantage in making that shot opportunity count.

NRA Life Member

Just finished the class with Rob,Dillon,Brenda,and Sarah. Can't tell you how much I enjoyed the class. I'm not sure how I ever killed anything before,I was doing so much wrong. Can't begin to describe how much I learned, Rob and Dillon answered every question I had, and let me shoot as much as I could stand. I will definitely be back for a hunt as soon as I can draw a tag!!!!! And the food, I don't eat that good at home, Sarah and Brenda did a fantastic job. Thanks again to Non Typical Outfitters for a job well done!!!

Andy and I sure enjoyed our time with all of you this year!
Hello All!

Still attempting to learn this new computer I have, but I really wanted to thank Robb, Brenda, Len, Andy, and the NTO crew. I attended the August 3rd-5th Long Range Shooting School. This was my second year in a row, and although family obligations forced me to leave the morning of the third day, I have to say that I certainly improved on the foundation that Robb, Len and Andy started last year. I also must say I was very impressed with my 6.5mm GAP SAUM that Len and Andy built for me last year. Due to my retirement that rifle sat in it's case and my safe for the entire year, except for a 100 yard verification last November. On the first day of the class we verified our 100 yard zero's, and if I can successfully post the picture of my target I'll let it speak for itself. Although I've been around guns all my life I came to this class with only last year's experience with long range shooting. If you have a western style hunt in your future, or you want to test your skills with long range shooting with beautiful scenery in the background I strongly suggest you look into attending this school. If you are shopping for a rifle, look at the rifles that are built by Len and Andy, I know of two students in the class that I attended that will be investing in one based on what they watched my rifle do. Folks, I'm an experienced shooter, having spent 30 years in law enforcement, but I'm by no means an expert at long range shooting. My rifle made me look a lot better than I really am. Robb and Brenda's staff made this school a pleasure to attend, Robb put us in tough hunting type scenarios everyday, and we worked hard. The meals, company and friendly camp waiting for us everyday was every bit as worthwhile as the instruction we received. Top Notch rifle builders, a very knowledgeable and experienced Outfitter and Guide, and very professional staff will have me returning every year, to shoot, and hunt. As soon as things settle down with my wife's treatment, I'll be posting more about my new rifle, and my experience with Len, Andy, and Non Typical Outfitters.

Mike Milbrand

My apologies, it appears I still have much to learn about this new device, I can't get the photo uploaded.

Mike Milbrand

I attended the non typical outfitter shooting class at the end of July this year. I cannot express enough how much I enjoyed the class and how impressed I was with the philosophy of it. I grew up hunting and have been fortunate enough to partake on some special high country hunts. Although I am new to the long range shooting philosophy, I thought with my hunt background that I was pretty good to go and was hoping to pick up just a few pointers. I so underestimated what this class is and over estimated my shooting knowledge and experience. This is by far not your average long range shooting class and I would highly recommend it to anybody who has ever had an interest in a shooting class and wants to learn about different techniques/ set ups to use on a mountain hunt. Robb, his staff, Len and Andy did an excellent job of communicating and conducting simulations of actual real hunt, under pressure set up scenarios. This class was both humbling and educational. As a result of my class experience, I feel so much more confident and ready for my high country hunt this fall. To top it off the commradery was amazing, the camp and it's setting at 8,600 feet in the beautiful Wyoming mountains was first class and the staff was awesome.

Thank you Non Typical, Len and Andy!

Thought maybe I would comment on the hunt with NTO. I attended the shooting class with NTO in 2015. In 2016 I drew a deer tag in Wyo and hunted with NTO. We hunted hard and on the 4th day found the buck we were looking for. It wasn't a long shot for some but plenty far for me (about my limit for shooting game). Having attended the shooting class I felt I was ready to do my part. We waited 11/2 hrs.for the right shot. I don't know the actual range just the compensated and it was 540 yds. Being the deer was up hill I imagine the actual range was 560-580. I wasn't nervous at all as I felt confident. Prior planning made the difference and that planning was attending the shooting class. The deer was down after the first shot and the rest is history. I am a little older than most and have hunted all my life but don't know that I could have killed that deer without the confidence gained from the shooting class. Thanks to the crew in Wyoming for a memorable experience.

UPDATE----I attended the August session and greatly enhanced my shooting and confidence Since my return I am up to 20 pigs, my longest was 315 yds in the dark. Most are around 100 yds, all head shots. I never went for that shot before the class,now that's all I go for. My blind has been named the "Louisiana Triangle" pigs come in but they don't leave. And as a side note the 178 grn 30 cal ELDX are devastating. Thanks Rob!!!!!

I first went to NTO's shooting class in 2015 and I can tell you from my experience that it was the best desision i have ever made to help with my progression in not only becomimg a better shooter but long range shooter and I'm not talking targets but hunting cituational shooting. I followed that shooting class up with a antelope and elk hunt with NTO in 2016 which put some of the skills I learned in the shooting class to work making for 2 successful hunts. Fast forward to August 2017 and I was back at Robb's shooting class as I love to shoot and wanted to keep progressing in my ability to make consistant ethical and accurate long range shots. After the class during my local California hunting season I shot a buck at 447yds, a pig off shooting sticks at 200yds and 2 coyotes on the run at about 90 yds. The awesome thing was is that all 3 of those shooting opportunities were exactly what I had practiced during my longrange shooting class with Non Typical Outfitters so all I can say is that Robb, his guides, Len and Andy Backus are doing everything right in how and what they are teaching. I always say train long but shoot them close if you can and these guys will prepare you for both. I continue to tell all my friends that If I had the time and money I would go to NTO's shooting class every year. I am already signed up for a deer hunt with them and continue to practice with the tecniques I've learned for the NTO crew .

Thought maybe I would ask for some info with trying to set up attending the shooting class with NTO. We as a group 4 to 6 guys that hunt and shoot lots together some would like to gain more from a shooting class. We are all from Alberta Canada and would like to see if we could try to get some more info on things to attend. Thanks to the guys for posting there memorable experience with the class looking forword to talking with Len or Andy & NTO crew. Thanks for any help or more info maybe someone from Canada has attended? lol

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.