20 or 0 MOA - Which do you think?

Could it be a Rem 700 base on a round action? If it was made for an action with step in the top of the receiver and put on a round receiver, that would account for it. Looking at the overhang on the rear of the ejection port, I'd say that base is on the wrong action.
I agree!
1725708594646.jpeg

Could it be a Rem 700 base on a round action? If it was made for an action with step in the top of the receiver and put on a round receiver, that would account for it. Looking at the overhang on the rear of the ejection port, I'd say that base is on the wrong action.

I think that you are on to something there.

It is a Mack Bros. action. I guess I am just going to go back to the 2 piece mount. All the input is much appreciated.
Patrick, I think you should be GTG with a 2-piece with your style of hunting, per our PM.
Is there a different scope base for BDL actions?
Yes, IIWY, I would ask Mack Bros for a recommendation. Good luck!

Ed

Patrick, I think you should be GTG with a 2-piece with your style of hunting, per our PM.

Yes, IIWY, I would ask Mack Bros for a recommendation. Good luck!

Ed
Thanks Ed. Mack actually has 20 MOA rails on their website. They don't have the slot. It says for "BDL" actions, so I was wondering if the BDL was different from other Remington actions.

The 2 piece is running just short of the eye relief I want. It's doable, but not optimum.

Thanks Ed. Mack actually has 20 MOA rails on their website. They don't have the slot. It says for "BDL" actions, so I was wondering if the BDL was different from other Remington actions.

The 2 piece is running just short of the eye relief I want. It's doable, but not optimum.
That's one of the advantages of having a one-piece rail; it gives flexibility and adjustability.

I'd call Mack Bros. They may have a 0 moa base if that is what you prefer. Check the screw spacing and see what round action matches it. Maybe a Savage or a Browning. Call and ask them. BAT may even have an action with the same screw spacing.
EGW may even have what you need and exchange it. Make some phone calls or send some emails with pics.

Rem 700 ADL/BDL are the same. Rear bridge is lower than the front.
1725730161987.png

Last edited: