190 A-Tip on game performance?

I dare anyone to use the ELDM bullets on deer size game and not be completely satisfied with the performance and outcome.
I've seen 1/2 dozen deer shot with 147 ELDMs out of Creed and PRC, along with a couple other deer/antelope shot with 108s out of 6mm Creed.

I MUCH prefer ELDX on deer over the ELDM's erratic performance when bones are encountered.

Heck, I've had 108s not exit on broadside coyote shots.

I've seen 1/2 dozen deer shot with 147 ELDMs out of Creed and PRC, along with a couple other deer/antelope shot with 108s out of 6mm Creed.

I MUCH prefer ELDX on deer over the ELDM's erratic performance when bones are encountered.

Heck, I've had 108s not exit on broadside coyote shots.
That's why it's the rib cage is where my bullets enter Everytime I got a deer. They are dependable tho. You can depend on them exploding inside the animal. The eldx is a thicker jacket

Every time?

So then you don't know how well they work, or don't work, when bone is encountered?
The video I shared was a direct hit in the center of the humorous on a good sized buck. Blew it to pieces and had an exit wound.

Although and exit wound isn't really to be counted on with the ELDM's, the damage either way is extensive. Leg bone or not.

Agreed Huntnful. Though that one had a lot more mass than a 147 or 108. Enough mass will make a difference.

VLD pilot's statement was pretty broad, and not necessarily true across the board.

Every time?

So then you don't know how well they work, or don't work, when bone is encountered?
Never shot a shoulder with a match bullet. If they fragment just going thru ribs, I'd hate to think what they'd do on a shoulder. Have no desire to find out. I use the match bullets for LR accuracy on lung shots.

Agreed Huntnful. Though that one had a lot more mass than a 147 or 108. Enough mass will make a difference.

VLD pilot's statement was pretty broad, and not necessarily true across the board.
Oh gotcha! Understandable! Was there any issue with the deer dying that you saw shot with the 147's and 108's?

Or would you just simply prefer a different type of wound channel?

Oh gotcha! Understandable! Was there any issue with the deer dying that you saw shot with the 147's and 108's?

Or would you just simply prefer a different type of wound channel?
Both.

Couple deer required follow-ups before they turned into a rodeo.

One of them was quartering to, and took a direct hit from a 147 via 6.5 PRC factory load right in the shoulder. It rolled him down the hill about 30 yards, but he got back to his feet before one in the wickets put him down hard. The first bullet didn't make it to the chest cavity, but the shoulder was a wreck.

I can't recall an exit wound from an ELDM. Doesn't mean I haven't seen one, just that I don't remember one.

I've only managed to catch two 103 ELDX out of the 6 Creed. One in a cougar I shot at a little over 300, and that bullet broke a shoulder on the way in, and a hip before lodging under the hide. The other was in an Axis deer shot endlong while running straight away at 400 (Maui cull hunt). That one was in the hide after breaking the off shoulder.

Never caught a 143 via creed, PRC, or .264 Win Mag.

All that being said, I still shoot 162 Amax out of the short 7 WSM.

Both.

Couple deer required follow-ups before they turned into a rodeo.

One of them was quartering to, and took a direct hit from a 147 via 6.5 PRC factory load right in the shoulder. It rolled him down the hill about 30 yards, but he got back to his feet before one in the wickets put him down hard. The first bullet didn't make it to the chest cavity, but the shoulder was a wreck.

I can't recall an exit wound from an ELDM. Doesn't mean I haven't seen one, just that I don't remember one.

I've only managed to catch two 103 ELDX out of the 6 Creed. One in a cougar I shot at a little over 300, and that bullet broke a shoulder on the way in, and a hip before lodging under the hide. The other was in an Axis deer shot endlong while running straight away at 400 (Maui cull hunt). That one was in the hide after breaking the off shoulder.

Never caught a 143 via creed, PRC, or .264 Win Mag.

All that being said, I still shoot 162 Amax out of the short 7 WSM.
Appreciate the in depth info!!

OK thru the rib cage. In my experience , way to soft if any bone or shoulder/ham is encountered. And it does happen.

Recent Posts