10x42 for Aoudad hunt

cornchuck

I have a west Texas Aoudad hunt booked for March of 2024. I am planning a getting a Vortex Fury HD with Applied Ballistics and they are 10x42. I know there a better range- finding bino's out there. But I have got to say I'm a Vortex guy and they are cheaper. But will 10x42 bino's be adequate for spotting Aoudad at long distances? I will also be using the Fury's for spotting and ranging groundhogs and deer here at home. I will be taking my 20-60x85 spotting scope with me for getting a better look at animals.

Jason

Depends on the ranch. When I went a couple years ago I had 10s and 15s and a spotter. 15s and spotter got used and 10s didn't. Hunted a different ranch the last couple years for feral goats and axis but there was Aoudad in the ranch and 10s were plenty.

I use 12x like 90 % of the time…and they are plenty—but we are usually just trying to get a good ram—and really not studying them. I carry EL ranges that are 10x and I think they are perfect. If you have a guide with a spotting scope—then 10x fury's will be perfect.