Best $800-$1200 TYD 10x42 class binocular? (not really for hunting)

100% This fall I picked up 10x42 slc and razor hd 12x50. Even being lower magnification the slc offer a much better image. The razors aren't bad but they bounce around in my pickup now and the slc get to go on hunts.

Edit. These both replaced a set of 10x42 viper and I would not recommend those at all.
There's a reason Cabela's and Bass Pro sold the Viper HDs for $299 and Razor HDs for $500-$600. I would never recommend paying regular prices for Vortex. You could buy a discontinued SIG Zulu 9 (11x44/9x45 same Kamakura factory in Japan as the Maven B.2s and Vortex Razor UHDs) for really cheap. They were selling at Midway USA for under $600 brand new. The new SIG Zulu 10s are also selling for cheaper too from some online retailers and phone calls get them for even cheaper since they can't advertise lower prices online.

I was looking for a really cheap Razor HD 12x50 for a truck binoculars but realized Athlon Midas UHD Gen 2 12x50 would probably be a better quality binoculars for around $300 when you shop around but Athlon's lifetime warranty is extremely questionable based in my own experience so buy Athlons as cheap as possible in case you have to throw them away if they didn't honor the warranty.

ScoopX if you only need a 10x42 for under $100. It's as good as if not better than the $499 Cronus UHD Gen 2 and Razor HD.

EDIT to add do not buy the ScoopX 10x42 UHD binoculars from Amazon ($249) when sellers on Ebay are selling them for under $100 and sometimes $40.

Just earlier today I brought out my $55 (what I paid from an ebay seller and not insane enough to pay $249 from Amazon for the exact same binoculars) ScoopX 10x42 UHD and compared it again side by side with my $1200 Kowa Genesis Prominar 10x33 with fluorite glass and they were pretty darn close believe it or not. Even close focus, the ScoopX focuses closer than 5 feet which is a little closer than the Kowa. Wide depth of field is outstanding when focused at 40-50 yards can see clearly all the way out to 300 yards without having to focus the ScoopX. The Kowa on the other hand needed to keep adjusting the focus at varying distances.

Last edited: