“Hammered” a big ol’ Muley!

Was good killed nice 6 point. Didnt see any deer but i havent in 3-4 years i been going in there
Awesome! Yeah, I was there for the deer, so that's what I was targeting. The big bulls and the big bucks don't inhabit the same areas too often. But this little bull slipped up and was still with a herd of about 11 cows in some buck country haha.

I glassed the buck up bedded at 1000 yards. I can shoot long but don't prefer it. There was a ridge between us and him and we made the 40 minute hike to close the distance and when got over to the ridge he was 307 yards. Chip shot!!
I also prefer to close the distance to a "chip shot". So many variables when shooting long distance. (I know this is called Long Range Hunting😀). I love to practice shooting out to a 1,000 yards, but I've never actually killed an animal over 300 yards!

Good job on the stalk, and we all appreciate your hard work and your story. Do it while you're young👍

I also prefer to close the distance to a "chip shot". So many variables when shooting long distance. (I know this is called Long Range Hunting😀). I love to practice shooting out to a 1,000 yards, but I've never actually killed an animal over 300 yards!

Good job on the stalk, and we all appreciate your hard work and your story. Do it while you're young👍
100% agree. I've killed at 630 and 540 yards. Only because there was no way to get closer. But i'll take those 300 yard shots all day long! When I set up the camera and hit record, I pointed to the tip of his shoulder and told my buddy "watch right there, that's where I want to hit him". I wasn't a 1/2" off haha. It's a good feeling.